Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Need a plug in battery analogue for 6v - 9v LEDs

Thanks

Need a plug in battery analogue for 6v - 9v LEDs

Hello - I build miniatures that include a large number of individual LEDs in a series of phased arrays (an array for night scene - an array for action lighting - an array for set lighting - and mood arrays each lights the diorama individually)

the problem: I have to tune EACH individual LED for EACH array. I always find my self buried in battery packs (see picture) hooked up here and there to individual LEDS while having 1 or 2 of the OTHER arrays on and firing ALSO on battery packs. It gets confusing as to what is powered from where and when.

What I need to build is a plug in 6-9v (prefer 6v) power source that has three sets of connect wires

that way I can happily use a single battery pack to go from individual LED to individual LED while the other arrays are running off the power source
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need a plug in battery analogue for 6v - 9v LEDs-0122172100a.jpg   Need a plug in battery analogue for 6v - 9v LEDs-0122172100b.jpg   Need a plug in battery analogue for 6v - 9v LEDs-0228171639a.jpg   Need a plug in battery analogue for 6v - 9v LEDs-0228171640a.jpg   Need a plug in battery analogue for 6v - 9v LEDs-0228171640b.jpg  

Need a plug in battery analogue for 6v - 9v LEDs-0228171640d.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    no longer - ordered a couple 50W to 150W Universal AC Adaptor/Battery Eliminators with the variable 3/6/9/12v outputs - can rig those in a heartbeat I did not even know these existed.

Also Make magazine and Instructables both have articles on how to convert those little chargers you use for phones and other devices to 6v power supplies

Look on bright side Jonathan I found the articles elsewhere but I found the inspiration hear while combing through the builds

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information