New guy from Michigan. I just love the creativity employed here with use of out of the ordinary materials and methods to aid in the building of other creative things. Brilliant!

I have built some things to aid in building a streamline fairing for my scooter. A simple hot wire foam board cutting tool and with some help from friends, a form to do fiberglass lay-up for the fairing tail end. I plan to build more tools for that activity; a vacuum bag system for the fiberglass/carbon fiber lay-ups and a temperature controlled insulated box large enough to hold the forms/molds with the fiberglass parts. Consistency of temperature is very important for composite curing. I also would like to make more molds/forms for fiberglass fairing parts but need another specialized tool to make those forms. (oven to heat plastic and blow mold it or vacuum form it to the desired shape) Perhaps I'll find those kinds of things here. If not, then I'll just have to make my own and I'll post the build here.

I should revisit a lighted tracing table I built a long time ago using a couple shop lights, formica covered panels and the glass from sliding patio doors. It was used with patterns to hot-knife cut material for kite building.

I will continue to explore.... there is so much inventive stuff here. And I intend to contribute as well.