I got tired of the vacuum noise and came up with a smaller, quieter system to remove dust from my blast cabinet.
Inexpensive and works very well.
A pipe clamp could have helped fit the PVC to the fan. I am sure the fan has a power rating that dictates the amperage requirements of the ac adaptor. The filter material probably adds surface area. Does any particulate come out the top of the modified collection system? If so a collection bag of some type might be necessary to collect that rather than allow it to enter your work space. Overall really great compact idea for a one tool application.
I found that the "trick" to controlling the efficiency of the unit is the height of the water in the bucket.
A full day of blasting Saturday and I had only the slightest bit of dust on the blades of the fan.
Adding a bag or top collector that would not impede the flow would certainly be an option if you found it necessary.
Thatís how this process all started.
I have another cabinet that I do the really nasty blasting in and visibility was terrible. I hooked up one of these fans and exhausted the cabinet outside. Worked great. Then I began working on what I have here for inside blasting and to replace the vacuum.
Post your reply!
Join 42,532 of us and get 500+ tool plans, tool eBooks, build guides, and much more.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)