Hi All

According to the records, I've been a lurker here for 1081 days. Wow, time really flies when you get older :-)

I live in the northern suburbs of Perth in Western Australia. I've been making and fixing things for as long as I can remember. During my working life I have dabbled in various industries including weighing machines, commercial and domestic gas equipment, cash registers (Point Of Sale), computer systems, software development and most recently technical writing.

I am a certified fitter and machinist, and enjoy working with metal. Over these years I have maintained a passion for woodwork and metalwork. I learned some woodwork and metalwork at school (many years ago) but most of my knowledge has been self taught. I have designed and created numerous items of furniture. I designed and created my own home extensions (a second storey and a ground floor extensions - two separate homes).

I have been admiring many of the fantastic tools and ideas on display here. I have not posted anything yet, but hope to do so soon. It's great to see so many minds that "think alike" and those "think alikes" sometimes just have their little tweaks on a tool or project.

In more recent times I have managed to acquire some good machinery, some of which are a 400mm x 1000mm lathe, milling machine and surface grinder. On the woodwork side, I have a Lazzari panel saw, several routers and other power tools.

Thank you to the great team hosting and supporting this website, it's one of the best on the net.

Keep up the great work.

kind regards

Peter