Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Outfeed Roller Table For Thickness Planer

Supporting Member tiger carpenter's Avatar
    Thanks

tiger carpenter's Tools

Outfeed Roller Table For Thickness Planer

I made an outfeed roller table, which is very simple yet very precisely matching the height of my Makita NB2012 Thickness Planer. You can use the same idea for any thicknesser, as long as you match the height of the rollers, which I explained in detail how to calculate that height.
    This design puts the emphasis on the accuracy of the top level of the out-feed rollers, to avoid the thickness planer's snipe or at least to reduce the snipe as much as possible.
    This project uses very cheap materials, which is PVC pipes to be used as the outfeed rollers, broom stick for the shafts, and some solid wood scrap drawer front for the sides.
    To achieve the desired accuracy, the use of quality power tools is preferred, however all parts can be easily produced using hand tools as long as the extra precision efforts are practiced.
    To take the advantage of the precision made outfeed roller table, it's recommended to use it together with the thickness planer on the flat bench top.

I've added the grub screws underneath the sides, to allow leveling of the out feed table and I'll make a video showing that in the future.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by tiger carpenter; Nov 17, 2020 at 05:38 AM.
    At Tiger Carpenter I use both hand and power tools. I put a lot of thought into the design and optimization. I like to come up with the improvements of the tools or jigs that are already out there, and share my ideas or findings with the community so that we all can benefit from each invention.I also implement the principle of aiming for perfection. I learn from the mistakes I made, and I raise the bar for every next project.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiger carpenter For This Useful Post:

Home-PC (Nov 17, 2020), Jon (Nov 17, 2020)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Very nicely done, & can be fitted to use on other power tools, & really ideas for moving things around the shop. Bravo highly informative & well illustrated video. ��

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BEEMAN For This Useful Post:

tiger carpenter (Nov 18, 2020)

Supporting Member tiger carpenter's Avatar
    Thanks

tiger carpenter's Tools
    Thanks man!

Yes, I'm planning to add the adjustable height mobile base, so that it can serve all other machines that need outfeed or simply extra support for longer material.
    I actually made the twin of this roller table and use it as infeed as well. I also added 4 grub screws micro adjustment on each corner (adjustable from the top), so that I can place the whole setup on my floor, and fine tune the height on uneven surface. I will soon add the video to this thread, showing how I put the grub screws adjustment mechanism in place.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEMAN View Post
    Very nicely done, & can be fitted to use on other power tools, & really ideas for moving things around the shop. Bravo highly informative & well illustrated video. ��
    At Tiger Carpenter I use both hand and power tools. I put a lot of thought into the design and optimization. I like to come up with the improvements of the tools or jigs that are already out there, and share my ideas or findings with the community so that we all can benefit from each invention.I also implement the principle of aiming for perfection. I learn from the mistakes I made, and I raise the bar for every next project.

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks tiger carpenter! We've added your Outfeed Roller Table to our Outfeed Tables category,
    as well as to your builder page: tiger carpenter's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DIYer For This Useful Post:

tiger carpenter (Nov 19, 2020)

Thread Information