Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pedestrian nearly loses her head - GIF

Thanks

mlochala's Tools
    Wow, she's very fortunate. I bet that hurt, nonetheless.

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Gadgeteer's Tools
    Maybe, just maybe, it might be prudent to watch for oncoming traffic before running across an active street.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgeteer View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, it might be prudent to watch for oncoming traffic before running across an active street.
    I bet the camera car stopped to let her cross and the debacle happened, I drive for a living and see it on a regular basis, not the near tragedy in this clip but potentially bad endings

They stop, she feels obliged and hurries to get out of the way of the waiting car and.....

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Gadgeteer's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_3000 View Post
    I bet the camera car stopped to let her cross and the debacle happened, I drive for a living and see it on a regular basis, not the near tragedy in this clip but potentially bad endings

They stop, she feels obliged and hurries to get out of the way of the waiting car and.....
    I'll bet you're are correct. This is, exactly, why laws are written that require a second vehicle to stop to honor the one that has stopped for a pedestrian.
    Last edited by Gadgeteer; Nov 17, 2022 at 03:25 PM.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    If you look in the bottom left corner it looks like a traffic cone. The vehicle recording may have been setting in a construction zone.

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Looks like something our of a Jackie Chan movie! She might have gotten a broken foot / ankle out of it but she'll live to tell her kids / grandkids about it!
    "Divided We Stand, Together We Rise!" - (From "White Feather") - Marillion

Thanks
    Why the urgency to cross the road??? Is she going to lose the lottery? Or falls few seconds behind an appointment? Why people don't protect and preserve their precious bodies thinking that modern medicine and doctors can fix everything!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mansworld View Post
    Why people don't protect and preserve their precious bodies thinking that modern medicine and doctors can fix everything!
    Yup, she wasn't thinking 'I'll try to get out of everybody's way and get on with my day', she was thinking 'screw it, if I get hit someone else will fix me' makes total sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Not so sure she was thinking about anything other than getting across the street if even that much thought process was going on in her head. She was wearing an apron so perhaps she worked at some food establishment there, when slowing the video down to .25 you can just see her turn her head to the left as she ran past what ever vehicle was filming the video, tried to plant her feet to stop but slipped on the pavement.
    As was mentioned it looked like she may have suffered a broken foot or ankle when her foot struck whatever was mounted on the side of the truck frame that spun her around. If the box truck driver hadn't been had quick reflexes to enable him to stop as suddenly as he did then 2 people would have had very ruined days Her's, over instantly his would last a lifetime
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information