Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pool solution reacting violently - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,872 Times in 9,939 Posts

Pool solution reacting violently - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Dec 10, 2022)

Thanks

IntheGroove's Tools
    That's the reason for a pool boy...

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,793 Times in 4,211 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by IntheGroove View Post
    That's the reason for a pool boy...
    Yes he would not be as likely to mix the chemicals together, notice the steam rising from the bucket after she, moves it to the other side of the fence something toxic going on there I wager.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    Pool chemicals are not to be messed with. Some are strong oxidizers, others are strong acids, used to adjust PH one way of the other. Concentrated chlorine tablets are also common. Difficult to know what she mixed in the bucket, from her coughing, she is lucky to be alive.

There is a whole list of items that should never be stored in close proximity.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hemmjo View Post
    Pool chemicals are not to be messed with. Some are strong oxidizers, others are strong acids, used to adjust PH one way of the other. Concentrated chlorine tablets are also common. Difficult to know what she mixed in the bucket, from her coughing, she is lucky to be alive.

There is a whole list of items that should never be stored in close proximity.
    All the more reason to switch to salt water, safe cheap and effective.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_3000 View Post
    All the more reason to switch to salt water, safe cheap and effective.
    My brother-in-law has that in the pool in Texas. It does seem to be a lot easier to maintain. Chlorine is not good for humans and other living things.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    I have owned both types of pool systems, while a salt system is hands down the more favorable pool to swim or play in. Safer? yes. but not without its issues either. the salt equipment breaks down the salt in the cell and produces or all things chlorine but naturally not by adding chemical chlorine. Cheaper? Not really, not really less maintenance either the PH still has to be monitored closely otherwise it will rise and calcium deposits will form, the equipment will also become subjective to premature failures. Salt pools still have to be winterized unless kept heated to maintain 58 to 60 ° minimum water temperatures.
    Where people make their biggest mistakes with chlorinated pools is over treating them with chemicals or allowing their pool to go too long without cleaning and or reactivation. Then they shock treat the water. Draining and refilling at least every 3 to 5 years is a good idea or replenishing at least 25% of the water each year The more money spent up front when installing a pool with top quality mostly automated filtration and cleaning systems the less expensive the pool is to maintain throughout its service life.
    With all that being said if I were to ever install another in the ground pool I would probably look into an earth natural aquaculture multiple pond system with aeriation fountains
    https://poolpartstogo.com/blogs/arti...yAAEgL7aPD_BwE
    https://www.divesanddollar.com/pond-swimming-pool/
    Last edited by Frank S; Dec 11, 2022 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks

IntheGroove's Tools
    A pool, or a pond...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hemmjo View Post
    My brother-in-law has that in the pool in Texas. It does seem to be a lot easier to maintain. Chlorine is not good for humans and other living things.
    The biggest problem with residential chlorinated pools are the amateur homeowners without a clue operating them, shocking a pool over and over without doing a simple back wash is an incredibly common and dangerous problem.

Salt water pools are maintenance misers compared to their chemical counter parts not to mention you can extend the life of a vinyl pool liner by about ten years compared to a chlorinated set up so the "are they cheaper?" argument is moot.

The by far biggest advantage of salt water pools is the simplicity and the impossibility to screw it up and hurt people with chemical burns and letting kids swim in unbalanced water...chlorine filled unbalance chemicals, water for that matter.

ya, no, chlorine sucks and is totally unnecessary.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    The only pool I ever had any association with that used a vinyl liner was the pool my wife's sister had in Indiana a semi-indoor pool or rather it was enclosed in the wintertime their hot tub saw a lot more use both summer and winter than the pool though. I think they used Bromine as their main water sanitizer mostly because of the higher temps of the hot tub not sure if he used a small amount of chlorine in the pool in addition to the bromine or not for all I know he may have used hydrogen peroxide periodically to control the cloudiness that can happen in bromine pool sanitization.
    When we go to town to get water for our water tower it sometimes smells strongly of chlorine which usually means their treatment plant had not fully filtered out the chloramines or what is called combined chlorine, I just leave the water in the tank on my truck a few days before pumping it into the tower the charcoal filters in my water tower seem to remove anything left behind anyway.

Thread Information