Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: posts moved from suppressor thread

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Jughead's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Stan View Post
    Just what the hell do you think you are doing? This is not a "suppressor" it is an illegal silencer. You and anyone else who builds one of these should be locked up for at least a decade. The editor of this forum should also face legal consequences for allowing this information to be published.
    @Dr Stan , did you forget to take your medication this morning? Just what the hell I think I am doing? Well, you see, a suppressor fits onto the end of the barrel of the handgun. It, as the name suggests, suppresses the loud, eardrum damaging noise emitted from the firearm when it is fired. I am building one of those little things so I don't stuff up my hearing more than it already is.

As has been mentioned by others, there is no such thing as a silencer for a firearm, especially not for a handgun. This is a suppressor, it was built as one and will remain one. If you want me to explain that statement Stan, just let me know. If you don't want an explanation, then just take your popcorn and go back to watching your movies where the bad guy shoots the good guy with a gun that goes pfft, pfft, pfft and doesn't have any recoil.

Where I live, there are absolutely no laws governing or controlling suppressors on handguns, or any firearm for that matter. I can walk into any firearm dealer, pick what I want off the shelf, pay for it and walk out, exactly the same way you would walk into a store, pick up a pack of cigarettes, pay for it and walk out. I do not need to tell them who I am, where I am from, or even need to produce my firearm license. If I feel like building my own, I am fully entitled to do so, without applying for any permits, paying any money or asking for anyone's permission. Getting a license for said firearm, however, is a completely different ball game and can take up to 2 years.

Maybe you can explain to us though, Stan. What is it about a suppressor that firstly gets you so riled up and secondly makes you believe that making or possessing one deserves at least 10 years behind bars? That is a genuine question that I would like an answer to.

Or is it just that you are sad and grumpy that you have to live in a nanny state that places too much control over you?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Jughead; Apr 2, 2020 at 12:10 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jughead For This Useful Post:

high-side (Apr 2, 2020), Murph1090 (Apr 5, 2020), sak778 (Apr 4, 2020), Sleykin (Apr 2, 2020)

Thanks

baja's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    I might suggest you do a due diligence of the validity of your rather rash and derogatory statement before calling for possible legal action to be taken on an individual.
    To offer you a little insight you can use this link for a small token of education.
    https://legalbeagle.com/6662596-blac...alifornia.html
    For an explanation of why suppressors are legal in many areas
    Quora the site with the highest number of elementary school level questions in the world has this to say about them
    https://www.quora.com/Why-are-gun-si...bit-suspicious
    Many states do not even require applying for or paying for a tax stamp to own a suppressor. And by the way there is no such thing as a true silencer. it is possible to highly suppress the explosive retort of a fire arm but it is never completely silenced. one can simply tape a large plastic drink bottle to the muzzle of a fire armand greatly reduce the retort to a much lower noise level however this only functions well the first time the weapon is fired. The same thing will happen to even be most elaborately designed suppressors degradation of efficiency begins with the first round discharged.
    This kind of attack from someone who has no idea of what he is talking about is a major problem in the fight against gun control. A liberal friend (may he rest in peace) launched on the same vein to me about what a shame the country was trying to legalize "silencers". Sounded pretty much like the "Dr". Support 2A!

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baja For This Useful Post:

blkadder (Apr 4, 2020), ulav8r (Apr 4, 2020)

Banned
    Supporting Member

Thanks
    From the HomemadeTools Acceptable Use Policy found at https://www.homemadetools.net/acceptable_use_policy

Seems that this policy is not followed.

HomemadeTools.net Acceptable Use Policy

"You agree not to post User Content that:
    creates a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to yourself, to any other person, or to any animal; may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property; seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; violates, or encourages any conduct that violates laws or regulations; contains any information or content we deem to be hateful, violent, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable; contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party's trade secrets); infringes any third party's Intellectual Property Rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other personal or proprietary rights; contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 820 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    Just what the hell do you think you are doing? This is not a "suppressor" it is an illegal silencer. You and anyone else who builds one of these should be locked up for at least a decade. The editor of this forum should also face legal consequences for allowing this information to be published.
    If you are really a DR, you should know the true VALUE of a silencer in regard to hearing loss etc. How many silencers are actually used in crimes. What they should really do it make murder illegal... oh wait, it already is, a lot of good that is doing.

A lot more people can be killed, more cheaply and much more silently with a pop bottle and common household cleaning products.

Thanks

McDesign's Tools
    Yep, you're a joke.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 820 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    From the HomemadeTools Acceptable Use Policy found at https://www.homemadetools.net/acceptable_use_policy

Snip....creates a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to yourself, to any other person, or to any animal; may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property; ....
    If you are going to use this argument, you better not get out of bed in the morning you might get hit by a bus, etc? Oh wait, you better not go to bed either, you might suffocate under the blanket.

Yes, I am stretching the possibilities, just as you did with your initial complaint.

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,619 Times in 11,284 Posts
    Dr Stan - retract your false statements alleging illegal activity, or be banned. Last chance.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

baja (Apr 6, 2020), Frank S (Apr 5, 2020), jdurand (Apr 5, 2020), paulsabatier (Apr 6, 2020), PDXsparky (Apr 5, 2020), Scotsman Hosie (Apr 6, 2020)

Thanks

Silencers are, in fact, legal (as well as #2A lawful) in all but 8 states

First off: As the Second Amendment states, [Because] A Well regulated militia [standing fed and/or state army] being necessary to the security of a free state, [against foreign enemies], [therefore] the right of the people to keep and bear arms [against the fed or state governments], shall not be infringed.

The facts of America's founding fathers was the fight against British troops being in all things of the American colonists regardless of their allegiance to the Royal Crown. Troops would often beat down colonists, invade their homes, sleep there with the colonist's wives and daughters and generally do whatever they pleased. The Bill of Rights made certain that the new Americans would never be subject to that again and made it clear that IF a union between the states (via the Constitution), the people had the right to arms equivalent to whatever the soldiers or standing military of this new country called These united States of America or as one country per the federal charter, THE United States of America had at the time. AND OF COURSE, we know that these rights are un-a-lien-able (cannot be placed under lien or made less by statutes or future contract law). When you hear some hack saying un-alien-able, they simply don't get it, or inalien-able, they're just plain dumb... The term is un-a lien-able.
    Infringed means being limited by any means such as the National Firearms Act which makes one pickup a permit for a machine gun against the law, but it places them under statute and now they must comply. More to it, no time or reason to explain to an anti-American in the first place, but the contract obligations come in everywhere (under statute) and leave when we least expect it (in law)...

However, some states, other than the leftists states California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and the non-state District of Columbia prohibit (against the Law but within statute somehow) the personal Mfg and use of a silencer for a gun. Everywhere else, people can built or buy a silencer to do whatever legal thing they please.

I am sure this is to be used to hunt squirrels or save hearing and personally, I have no use for a silencer, but it looked fun to build and proves the unrealistic movie spotlight on actual Pffft silencers. Could you ever imagine an assassin using one like in the movies? Idiotic.

Okay, let's build some useful or fun tools, especially while in this fake pandemic being used by globalist-Democrats to take down President Trump and the American freedoms we should fight to the death to hold near and dear! Say NO to inoculations and forced vaccines. Esp those by Evil Bill Gates

JL Mealer

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jlmealer For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Apr 5, 2020)

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Jughead's Tools

Seems that this policy is not followed.

HomemadeTools.net Acceptable Use Policy

"You agree not to post User Content that:
    creates a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to yourself, to any other person, or to any animal; may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property; seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; violates, or encourages any conduct that violates laws or regulations; contains any information or content we deem to be hateful, violent, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable; contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party's trade secrets); infringes any third party's Intellectual Property Rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other personal or proprietary rights; contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive."
    @Dr Stan , exactly which part of your quoted policy above have I violated?

Thanks

baja's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    @Dr Stan , exactly which part of your quoted policy above have I violated?
    It`s going to take him a bit to reply, he has to pull his foot out of his mouth first.

Thread Information