My Stihl shredder is a great gardenning tool, it's powerfull and reliable, but it is inevitable that from time to time, it gets clogged...
To fix that, you need to unscrew both of the black knobs on the front (maybe 20 revolutions each), clean the blades up, re-screw both of the knobs, start again, and sometimes, it can happen more often than desirable, you get quickly tired of screwing, unscrewing with both hands ...
I had the idea to speed up the process, using a power screwdriver. So I needed a big socket that could fit on the knob.
In order to check how I could do that I initially 3D modelized the knob, I was thinking doing something with my CNC out of wood.
But I realized I had this big brass fitting sitting on a shelf, and it could do just right with "little" work.
So I decided to go the conventional way, using my mill and my lathe. (I like it !)
Here are some pictures of the process and eventually the final product I came up with.
Thanks for reading !