Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quick and dirty but awesome creeper

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Great idea for the cover that older stuff really does hold up better. I will see what i can track down. Your hemi hauler sounds really cool, you should share it if you get a chance. I think people today rely to much on just buying new when the old breaks. We are slowly losing our ingenuity one generation at a time. Sharing older ideas and designs seems like a good way to reverse that.
    Think the Hauler material was out of an old Chevy, IIRC? Next time I'm in the shed I will try and remember to take some pics of it if anyone is interested. Was going to give it to my son for working on his 64 Malibu SS, but he picked up one of those Craftman's with the pneumatic cylinder... too wobbly for me and mostly plastic but the wheels are good.

I'm with you on the loss of making do with things at hand, ingenuity and building things to last or repairing things...that's what is so great about this forum, IMHO!! The Hemi-Hauler is 40+ years old now and probably has 10k miles on it and took an afternoon to build it from stuff laying around. Think your creeper will be around for a while too, but may be a bit too comfortable to use for any length of time.

Jere that looks so comfortable id fall asleep under there....:O)
    Ha i did find myself starting to doze off after an extra long day already.
    I hear you both! It's also a long way back up...might have to lay there and think about it, resting my eyes of course...for a minute. ~PJ

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

jere (Nov 5, 2015)

Thanks

jere's Tools
    I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it but guess i am the only one. Dont go to too much trouble, not enough of traffic around here

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jere For This Useful Post:

PJs (Nov 7, 2015)

Thread Information