Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Rifle stock that conceals handgun - photo

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Andyt (Dec 22, 2019), baja (Dec 22, 2019), high-side (Dec 22, 2019), Miloslav (Dec 21, 2019), Seedtick (Dec 21, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    No thank you, that tack-cool stuff does nothing for me. I wouldn't want to have my side arm associated with my rifle in any way. you lose one by what ever happens it gets taken from you and you have lost both at the same time. besides the fact that if your rifle is slung over your shoulder you do not have immediate ready access to your side arm.

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member TheElderBrother's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    No thank you, that tack-cool stuff does nothing for me. I wouldn't want to have my side arm associated with my rifle in any way. you lose one by what ever happens it gets taken from you and you have lost both at the same time. besides the fact that if your rifle is slung over your shoulder you do not have immediate ready access to your side arm.
    What he said. Never bet your life on a gimmick.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Great example of a gimmick. Once again; Illogical 'theory' or 'need' used as sales tools. Same could be said for bulk of SUV's on the road, only dirt they see is an unswept driveway. "Whew. Look at that filthy apron, glad I have 4WD!"
    If my 24 year old FWD Buick can do Vail Pass, at 10,666' altitude, mid snowy December amid looped semi's, and ditched modern auto's, the 'utility' of many products is questionable.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolmaker51 View Post
    Great example of a gimmick. Once again; Illogical 'theory' or 'need' used as sales tools. Same could be said for bulk of SUV's on the road, only dirt they see is an unswept driveway. "Whew. Look at that filthy apron, glad I have 4WD!"
    If my 24 year old FWD Buick can do Vail Pass, at 10,666' altitude, mid snowy December amid looped semi's, and ditched modern auto's, the 'utility' of many products is questionable.
    My friend a lot of that has to do with the person in the driver's seat. Vail, Donner, cabbage, Snoqualmie, Bluff, Raton, LaVeta, just to name a few when covered with a foot of snow don't hold a candle to I44 across MO. when it has nothing more than a dull shimmer in the headlights and not a single snow flake falling

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Dec 27, 2019)

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools
    My friend a lot of that has to do with the person in the driver's seat. Vail, Donner, cabbage, Snoqualmie, Bluff, Raton, LaVeta, just to name a few when covered with a foot of snow don't hold a candle to I44 across MO. when it has nothing more than a dull shimmer in the headlights and not a single snow flake falling
    The actual driver? You mean to say extra cost mechanical features, apps, coupled to everything including a power ashtray, don't compensate ineptness?
    Good news for marketing agencies; neither of us so employed.
    Bad news for marketing agencies; a population remains keeping responsible traits alive.

I transited I35 and I40 right after Thanksgiving to CA. If you-know-where TX wouldn't have been a 6 hour side trip, you know who'd been a knocking. The 24 hour oneway became 13 hours longer due a still unknown tie up vicinity Seligman, AZ. Two weeks later eastbound, thought I15 to I70 be an improvement, sort of.
    Kansas is on casters, matters not which direction of travel. Everybody knows the effect, yet I finally disclosed the means.
    Lol.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Post #6 I hear ya, Years before I had any brains, not that I am overly laden with them now. I was about 16 at the time hadn't had my Wise County judge issued hardship drivers permit to allow me to drive the Family mack B61 more than about a year and a half. I was making my 4th or 5th trip to the other half of the family farms in Colorado this time hauling bagged barnyard some of you will know what that means you only want to haul it when the temperature has flown South with the geese Driving along on US 85 some of you will know it by its new name I25 making the climb out of Santa Fe heading towards Raton pass before dropping down to Trinidad I saw a sedan about half a mile in front of me suddenly do a 360 then continue on. The old Mack Well not all that old then needed all the speed I could muster to make it to the top of the pass which wasn't much as the road was not the nearly straight by comparison 4 lane highway it is today it was a not so wide not so straight 2 lane black top back then. I dropped several gears and slowed down quite a bit then held steady speed when I got to where I thought I saw the sedan try to join a circus. the truck never slipped and sailed over the patch of ice like it wasn't there so I powered up as much as I could to complete the climb making it to the top probably down to 2nd or 3rd out of 20 well actually only about 16 useable ratios far enough apart to be called gears. At the top I pulled off to the side to allow the engine to cool down some Yes they will over heat even in below zero weather. While waiting it began to snow heavy and I thought if I didn't want to be stuck on top of the mountain I'd better ease on down to at least Starkville about that time another truck drove by so I pulled out and followed him figuring the driver might know a lot more than I about how to negotiate down the mountain in the snow About an hour later we pulled in to a little café truck stop hole on the side of the road in Starkville. First thing I did after we went in side was to buy him a cup of coffee. He looked at me and asked what's that for son? For helping me get off that mountain I was driving that green Mack sitting on top of the pass when you drove by.
    You're a little young to be twin sticking aren't you son?
    Well a boy has to do what a boy has to do I said.
    No,you lost your boyhood the day you crawled in one of these widow makers. Where you headed?
    San Luis I told him
    OH you still have to go over La Veta , well you won't ever get over the top of that one in the dark you better pull off in Walsenburg.
    Strange how some of these threads conjure up long lost memories you may not remember the exact events or the conversations word for word but the grist of them are there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 822 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    snip... Strange how some of these threads conjure up long lost memories you may not remember the exact events or the conversations word for word but the grist of them are there.
    As time moves on and we get to where we used to think people our age were really old, it is very good to work the brain enough to jar those old memories loose!!!!

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Speaking of varoius interstate roadways.....
    The lesser prince of private hauling just completed a grand north-easterly circuit. Kansas City MO - Ottawa IL - West Newton PA - Grand Rapids MI ( grrrr, unintentionally delayed 7 days grrrr) - Muskegon MI - guy in St. Paul MN renegged on me - so back to KC...no weather issues, big saddle tanks, cruise control w/ 5 speed OD made it tolerable. Not to mention plugin GPS!
    If any need local hoist 7000 pounds and transport under 26 k GVW shoot a PM to TM51 within next 120 days.
    This lil ol F650 has 34 fiberglass grating panels 4' x 12', 6 ton FAMCO arbor press, 2 cast iron tooling cubes, Pratt & Whitney verti-vise, 6 coolant pumps, 3 fractional hp motors, and one set aluminum 15" pie jaws.
    Rifle stock that conceals handgun - photo-20210307_113319%7E2.jpg
    What happened to state highway scales? Driven just under 8,000 miles lately between CA to PA, seeing only one open and they were just hazmat?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; Mar 9, 2021 at 09:18 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51

Thread Information