Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Runaway tire nearly hits woman - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,800 Times in 9,911 Posts

Runaway tire nearly hits woman - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

mr mikey (Mar 15, 2023), nova_robotics (Mar 15, 2023)

Thanks

mr mikey's Tools
    That is one lucky lady. Did that guy just rotate his tires.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    It was close to fifty years ago, I was at a store in NJ called Layfayett Electronics.
    I was looking at the bin of parts and had walked past and went to the next row, when what appeared to be in slow motion the front window (10'x12') shattered. When the dust settled there was a tire with a 3'+ piece of axel stuck into the show case I had been in front of only seconds before.
    Fast forward 25 years and I was coming back Mexico on my honeymoon with my new wife, we were on the interstate and it was rush hour, I was in the left lane and saw what appeared to be a large bird coming towards us, as it got closer I realized it was a tire! It was headed right towards us, so I pulled to the right and it took off the driver side mirror of my car and hit the car in back right square in the windshield.
    The good thing was there were no injuries.

Thanks

baja's Tools
    Back in my billboard painting days I had that happen. Twice on the same billboard, first about 75 yards away and the second a couple months later and about 20 yards away. The last one on a different billboard just missed my work van by a couple feet and rolled up next the nearby railroad track. I went to look at it and it turned out to be a brand new mobile home tire. It just happened that I was in the market for one.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Gadgeteer's Tools
    There's no driver seen in the truck... wonder where the wheel started from.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 822 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    I was hauling a backhoe on a tri-axle trailer with a large dump truck back in the 80's. (It was a large one back then, compared to todays trucks not so much) I felt the truck shudder as I was entering the freeway, at first I thought something happened to the engine as it was not pulling as strong. As I looked back and saw dust and dirt flying in the mirrors. When I got pulled over, all 3 tires and wheels had come off the right side. The old clamp on style wheels. By the grace of God, I was in the right lane and there was only woods off to the side. Never did find the wheels. There was a big gash in the pavement from the trailer dragging along. The groove was there for years until they repaved.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information