Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Coupon code for 20% off membership: SPRING20

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Screeding concrete by balancing on pipe - GIF

  1. #1
    Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,999
    Thanks
    1,146
    Thanked 22,274 Times in 7,242 Posts

    Screeding concrete by balancing on pipe - GIF

    Screeding concrete by balancing on pipe.




    Previously:

    Screeding while waist deep in concrete - GIF
    Transverse concrete screed - GIF
    Spin Screed
    Vibrating concrete screed - GIF
    Concrete roller screed - GIF

    Save 20% on Membership

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

    durrelltn (Jan 26, 2023), nova_robotics (Jan 26, 2023)

  3. #2
    Supporting Member Frank S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Peacock TX
    Posts
    10,113
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 3,771 Posts

    Frank S's Tools
    Whatever it takes to get the job done when you can't afford to rent a power trowel,

    186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

  4. #3
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    457
    Thanked 50 Times in 45 Posts
    I thought I was good when I could stand on the 1-3/4 edge of a 2X4. I have Parkinson disease. Now I have to try doing that on a large round piece.

  5. #4
    Supporting Member odd one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 89 Times in 62 Posts
    Body outlines and footprints would be the main features visible if I tried that.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to odd one For This Useful Post:

    Frank S (Jan 27, 2023)

  7. #5
    Supporting Member Frank S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Peacock TX
    Posts
    10,113
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 3,771 Posts

    Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mdhatter3 View Post
    I thought I was good when I could stand on the 1-3/4 edge of a 2X4. I have Parkinson disease. Now I have to try doing that on a large round piece.
    I remember there was a time when I could literally run on top of bar joist when stringing purlins then walk the purlins now if asked to walk across a bar joist I would probably sit on it and scoot my butt along the top keeping my feet gripping the lower angles. not sure if it is age wisdom or lack of confidence in my balance.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

  8. #6
    Supporting Member odd one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 89 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    now if asked to walk across a bar joist I would probably sit on it and scoot my butt along the top keeping my feet gripping the lower angles. not sure if it is age wisdom or lack of confidence in my balance.
    Now days, I would not even do it. I think it is a combination of all three and the fact that we do not heal as fast. We no longer bounce, but rather crumble. I will not even climb onto a roof without my ladder brace in place now. That is why I have a drone for inspecting on the days that I do not feel safe on the ladder or things are "too high" for me now. When I was younger, I remember the old timers warning me not to get old........now I know what they were talking about, and I am only 50.

  9. #7
    Supporting Member Frank S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Peacock TX
    Posts
    10,113
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 3,771 Posts

    Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by odd one View Post
    Now days, I would not even do it. I think it is a combination of all three and the fact that we do not heal as fast. We no longer bounce, but rather crumble. I will not even climb onto a roof without my ladder brace in place now. That is why I have a drone for inspecting on the days that I do not feel safe on the ladder or things are "too high" for me now. When I was younger, I remember the old timers warning me not to get old........now I know what they were talking about, and I am only 50.
    When I was in my 50's I could still climb tower cranes and go out to the end of the boom but used do safety lanyards as per the safety goons demands. Everything changed the day I turned 60 though, Im 68 now don't mind going up on ladders or walking around on a roof as long as not steeper than a 4-1 pitch but that is approaching my limits.
    Yeah I suspect I'd still bounce but would just be a broken blob



    186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Frank S; Jan 27, 2023 at 09:15 AM.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •