Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: The seemingly endless journey to a CNC machine finally, well, ends

Supporting Member cranktown city's Avatar
    Thanks

cranktown city's Tools

The seemingly endless journey to a CNC machine finally, well, ends

Hey y'all!

Been a long time since I last posted here, mainly due to the fact that I've only had one homemade tool in the works for the last 5 months.

But here we are, emerging on the other side of this journey, now with a fully functioning CNC laser cutter/engraver from scratch! The idea was to build a laser tube from scratch, and mount said laser tube onto a CNC machine. And after many months of poor sleeping habits, I finally got to a place where I can call this project finished.

now, full disclosure, I wound up installing a 100W sealed tube into the machine at the end of the build, for the sake of more power, but I did get the homemade tube to work enough for it to count in my book. either way, posted below is the final video, and the playlist with all the videos in the series.

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...s-yQmOhNZkYnVW

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cranktown city For This Useful Post:

JoeVanGeaux (Sep 11, 2021), Jon (Sep 5, 2021), nova_robotics (Sep 10, 2021), thevillageinn (Sep 17, 2021)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks cranktown city! We've added your CNC Laser Cutter to our CNC category,
    as well as to your builder page: cranktown city's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member sams wood creations's Avatar
    Thanks

sams wood creations's Tools
    Thanks for your post. I'm getting ready to build my own CNC design, so I subscribed to your channel
    to see if can learn some more.

[QUOTE=cranktown city;187667]Hey y'all!

Been a long time since I last posted here, mainly due to the fact that I've only had one homemade tool in the works for the last 5 months.

But here we are, emerging on the other side of this journey, now with a fully functioning CNC laser cutter/engraver from scratch! The idea was to build a laser tube from scratch, and mount said laser tube onto a CNC machine. And after many months of poor sleeping habits, I finally got to a place where I can call this project finished.

now, full disclosure, I wound up installing a 100W sealed tube into the machine at the end of the build, for the sake of more power, but I did get the homemade tube to work enough for it to count in my book. either way, posted below is the final video, and the playlist with all the videos in the series.
    Sams Wood Creations
    My Woodworking Plans Website www.samswoodcreations.com
    Follow me on YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/c/SamsWoodCreations?sub_confirmation=1
    Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/samswoodcreations/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sams wood creations For This Useful Post:

cranktown city (Sep 17, 2021)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 617 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    That werewolf built a laser cutter!

It's a thing of beauty man, well done. I've been subscribed to your Youtube channel for a while now and it's criminally underrated at only 7.7k subscribers.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nova_robotics For This Useful Post:

cranktown city (Sep 17, 2021)

Thread Information