Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: AC and fuel line disconnect tools

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools

AC and fuel line disconnect tools

I have a set of ac and fuel line disconnect collets however there are 3 or 4 of them which have either broken or come up missing in action over the years.
    I was pulling the engine out of a pickup today and needed 2 of the ones I no longer had.
    My friend helping me asked what are we going to do, drive to town and buy a new set or what/
    Well my neighbor probably has a set but I know he is 100 miles away today so I'll just do 1 of my old Indian tricks and show you how to make your own out of a strip of thin metal flashing. or even metal banding strap. It only will take you a few seconds to make any size you need
    I used a strip of metal valley flashing cut about an inch wide then folded about 1/4 of it along the length to thicken it up and to give me a ridge my pliers could push against
    AC and fuel line disconnect tools-20191015_125804qw.jpg
    Shown is the plastic one that was too small to fit the fuel lines or the AC lines next to the one I made my next size up was too large
    AC and fuel line disconnect tools-20191015_125850qw.jpg
    only seconds to make and the single one I made worked to remove all 3 sizes of the lines I just cut it down as the line got smaller

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

baja (Oct 21, 2019), dtech (Apr 10, 2020), EnginePaul (Oct 19, 2019), Jon (Oct 18, 2019), mwmkravchenko (Nov 25, 2021), nova_robotics (Nov 25, 2021), Scotty12 (Oct 16, 2019), Seedtick (Oct 16, 2019), tony b (Oct 16, 2019)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks Frank S! We've added your AC and Fuel Line Disconnect Tool to our Automotive category,
    as well as to your builder page: Frank S's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information