Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: extra wide fork lift forks for carrying very long materials

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools

extra wide fork lift forks for carrying very long materials

When you need to carry things like foam sandwich panels that are 45 ft long the wider you can place your forks the safer it is to carry
    I made this attachment ot slid over the standard forks of our forklift to do just that. With the 2 additional forks placed 16 feet apart did a good job of protecting the foam sandwich panels from breakage

extra wide fork lift forks for carrying very long materials-5-meter-wide-forklift-forks.png
    when used in conjunction of the pivot carriage this enabled us to move the sandwich panels through the 12 ft wide door openings in the cold storage building we were constructing

extra wide fork lift forks for carrying very long materials-swivel-fork-carriage1.png

extra wide fork lift forks for carrying very long materials-5-meter-wide-forklift-forks-2.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Alan Purdy (Nov 8, 2019), baja (Nov 8, 2019), greyhoundollie (Nov 8, 2019), Jon (Nov 6, 2019), KustomsbyKent (Nov 7, 2019), Seedtick (Nov 7, 2019)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks Frank S! We've added your Extra Wide Forklift Forks to our Miscellaneous category,
    as well as to your builder page: Frank S's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    The picture with the large long bundle on the forks raised high in the air is inside of a cold room walls were 12 meters tall the steel clad sandwifh panels in the bundle were 12 meters long 1meter wide and 200 mm thick to go on another wall the room was 30 meters long by 30 meters wide and just one of more than 20 such rooms inside of the building structure, to be brought down to -40° and held at that temperature for 3 months during the mid summer's Heat in Kuwait before it would receive certification from the Dep. of the US Navy who would be leasing the building on a 30 year lease.
    This is the foam spray rig I assembled for sealing the building structure itself and spraying 200 mm of foam over the top of the ceilings of all of the rooms.
    I made a small trailer then mounted a 7.5 Hp air compressor on it with the Glass-craft spray rig along with 90 meters of hose not all of it is connected in the picture
    extra wide fork lift forks for carrying very long materials-iso-foam-rig-1.jpg
    After the cold storage project was completed I started up a roof sealing division within the company to spray the foam on existing steel roofs then painted with a white ceramic UV stable thermal coat paint

extra wide fork lift forks for carrying very long materials-iso-foam-rig-2.png
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    Great work there!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information