Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Firefighting missiles for highrise buildings - GIF

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

dubbby (Jun 13, 2020), Miloslav (Dec 7, 2019), Rangi (Dec 3, 2019), Seedtick (Dec 3, 2019), Tule (Dec 4, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I have to think that a juiced up version of this system might not have saved the twin towers but may have slowed the progress of destruction long enough that more soles could have made it to safety, However I firmly believe that in the cases of huge powerful fires, fire suppressant powder alone is never the ultimate solution to extinguishing a fire you have to remove the heat the fire has created of it will re-flash

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Why risk a firefighter if you can avoid it?

Thanks
    What happens to people whom may be trapped within the fire compartment?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 820 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    If they are in the compartment the missile is fired into, I am thinking there worries would already be over. The utilization of a system like this would be to save the soles in compartments around the fire.

Many fire suppressant systems are fatal to humans. I toured a state of the art newspaper printing facility back in the 1980's. The press room was huge. There were sensors on presses. When they sensed a fire, big red strobe lights and loud alarms went off. Then you had a very short time, 15-20 seconds to vacate the room before it was flooded with Carbon Dioxide. If you were in the room, when that was released....you would not be able to get out after you took one breath.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hemmjo For This Useful Post:

Rusty&Christine (Dec 9, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by hemmjo View Post
    If they are in the compartment the missile is fired into, I am thinking there worries would already be over. The utilization of a system like this would be to save the soles in compartments around the fire.

Many fire suppressant systems are fatal to humans. I toured a state of the art newspaper printing facility back in the 1980's. The press room was huge. There were sensors on presses. When they sensed a fire, big red strobe lights and loud alarms went off. Then you had a very short time, 15-20 seconds to vacate the room before it was flooded with Carbon Dioxide. If you were in the room, when that was released....you would not be able to get out after you took one breath.
    To quote a line by Spock the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few OR THE ONE

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information