Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Night vision glasses with color - GIF

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,619 Times in 11,284 Posts

Night vision glasses with color - GIF

Night vision glasses with color.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Andyt (Jan 23, 2020), carloski (Sep 14, 2022), high-side (Jan 22, 2020), Little Rabbit (Jan 22, 2020), Tonyg (Jan 25, 2020)

Thanks

Little Rabbit's Tools
    That's really cool!

Anyone here know how to build one of these?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Savage11's Tools
    Id love to have a scope with that technology! Talk about mind blowing.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Oh sure I can hear the shill now, be the first to own this "Military grade" night vision head that shows all the surrounding is vivid real color, set comes in cammo and assault tactical black complete with on board UHF and VHF television antenna built right in for when you are not spying on your neighbor's or doing a little night hunting for snipe you can watch your local television shows Just make 4 easy payments of $39.95. But wait if you order within the next 3 minutes we will knock off one whole payment. That makes the super color nigh vision goggles even more within the means of everyone and, we will ship a second night vision head set yours absolutely free just pay a nominal fee plus shipping and handling. Still not convinced as a bonus we are going to include a fifty million lumen tactical flash light that never needs batteries just give it a couple of shakes and light up the night bright as day just $5.95 plus shipping and handling.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    Two thoughts come to mind.

Day for night (shoot film during the day and darken down, claim it's night);
    RGB color filters over three monochrome sensors. Digitally reconstruct.

The second method has some issues, such as you probably don't have a broad spectrum light illuminating the landscape. ie: If the light is short on green, green stuff doesn't show up very well.

The above came up in a court case where I was a witness (or witless, one of the two). I misidentified the color of a vehicle because it was under a mercury vapor lamp.

Of course me identifying the vehicle didn't matter a lot since one of the guys in it leaned out and said "Hi Jerry! Remember me, we were in athlete's gym together last year." That dumb-**** found himself in jail explaining to his cellmates why he identified himself to a witness.

Thanks
    I would love to see the night vision technology the military uses today. The ones we used in my unit in the 1970's, where we had one per Platoon, produced nothing but shades of green, but boy how glad we were to have them! It gave us the ability to "own the night" as our unit was known for. Back then we called them "the Cadillac in a box," because the price was around the cost of a new Caddy.

Earlier models for the M-16 rifle were ridiculous, since they were heavier than the rifle and trying to balance the NVS and recoil were next to impossible. So glad to see out soldiers having them mounted on their helmets now and swung out of the way when not needed.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information