Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mill conversion. Home made "Marvin" attachment

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolmaker51 View Post
    I don't spend a lot of money gambling, when tools are purchased, and frequently buy used. Hence, my assembly of tooling rivals most any shop I've worked in, including some quite large.
    I might call them Danggood.

From what's been heard here of Banggood, can only depend on that being a noise, after handful dropped on a concrete floor...
    BangGood or Aliblahblah don't cross my radar often. My pop-up windows are a high percentage of women's fashion, or trolling for that squinky-eyed presidential candidate. I'm clearly not being profiled accurately.

But just moments ago, here is one for BangGood themselves! Selling Hawaiian styled vacation shirts.
    Nothing says engineering/ quality control of tooling like casual wear celebrating tropical birds and foliage.
    Who knew?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Supporting Member
    Thanks

glens5's Tools

2000 Tool Plans

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glens5 For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Jan 27, 2021), Toolmaker51 (Jan 27, 2021)

Thanks

Crusty's Tools
    I've found those Banggood Blue Nano endmills to be pretty long lasting and they're cheap (if you can hold metric diameters).
    If you can't make it precise make it adjustable.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crusty For This Useful Post:

marksbug (Apr 8, 2024), mwmkravchenko (Jan 27, 2021)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Nice job. I did similar in my youth had forgotten all about it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to seb fontana For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Apr 9, 2024)

Thanks
    a place I workd back in the mid 90's tried to give me a horizontal and a shaper. I had no way of getting them home as well as a 1 car garage... I wish i had got them. 3 years lator I built a 24x34' shop/garage 6 steps out my bedroom door. oh well I got a millport 9x42 around 2008 and a enco bench top mill around 2001. one free one for $500 pluss $100 to move the big one. I wanted CNC but you take what you can afford. like the new enco 9x20 lathe that was broken in shipping I got for about $200 that took me a day to fix then another day to get the enco out of it...all the gear shafts have a keyway sleve(built in key way on a sleve so they dont have to sleve the shaft I reckon) all of those were made offset.... what a effing wining noise all those gears made. I fixed them and a few other crap things and you cant hear it run now. not bad for a light duty 9x20. it's almost as usefull as my 7x14 mini lathe. but no where as stiff.I need to mount the 9x20 on a peice of granite.off coarse Ill have to tear it all appart and put the bed on my mill upside down and sqwuare up the bottom mounts to the ways first
    I too have a lot of bangod stuff.chucks,end mills,carbides tool holders, calipers etc, but now days it's cheeper and faster on ebay.
    Last edited by marksbug; Apr 8, 2024 at 11:50 AM. Reason: I wanted to.

Supporting Member mwmkravchenko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marksbug View Post
    a place I workd back in the mid 90's tried to give me a horizontal and a shaper. I had no way of getting them home as well as a 1 car garage... I wish i had got them. 3 years lator I built a 24x34' shop/garage 6 steps out my bedroom door. oh well I got a millport 9x42 around 2008 and a enco bench top mill around 2001. one free one for $500 pluss $100 to move the big one. I wanted CNC but you take what you can afford. like the new enco 9x20 lathe that was broken in shipping I got for about $200 that took me a day to fix then another day to get the enco out of it...all the gear shafts have a keyway sleve(built in key way on a sleve so they dont have to sleve the shaft I reckon) all of those were made offset.... what a effing wining noise all those gears made. I fixed them and a few other crap things and you cant hear it run now. not bad for a light duty 9x20. it's almost as usefull as my 7x14 mini lathe. but no where as stiff.I need to mount the 9x20 on a peice of granite.off coarse Ill have to tear it all appart and put the bed on my mill upside down and sqwuare up the bottom mounts to the ways first
    I too have a lot of bangod stuff.chucks,end mills,carbides tool holders, calipers etc, but now days it's cheeper and faster on ebay.
    Try aliexpress. Some of the stuff is very reasonable. Not all of it. As you say, some is good on ebay or Amazon. I shop a bit. Sometime 30 minutes comparative shopping allows you to save $10.

Mark

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mwmkravchenko For This Useful Post:

marksbug (Apr 9, 2024)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko View Post
    Try aliexpress. Some of the stuff is very reasonable. Not all of it. As you say, some is good on ebay or Amazon. I shop a bit. Sometime 30 minutes comparative shopping allows you to save $10.

Mark
    i AGREE. a little shopping around witch i usualy do and many are cheeper then the shipping makes it higher. same with car parts. like rock auto, all the rong parts your car will never need with eqach thing shiped from a different whorehouse for added shipping cost and when you get it its' yours... no way to contact any body at rock auto. just a automated return prosess that might take it back after you pay shipping both ways.. like a $8 part that cost you $10 to ship both ways.... after rong parts in every order and no people to talk with....nomore rockauto for me. it's a massive scam org.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marksbug View Post
    i AGREE. a little shopping around witch i usualy do and many are cheeper then the shipping makes it higher. same with car parts. like rock auto, all the rong parts your car will never need with eqach thing shiped from a different whorehouse for added shipping cost and when you get it its' yours... no way to contact any body at rock auto. just a automated return prosess that might take it back after you pay shipping both ways.. like a $8 part that cost you $10 to ship both ways.... after rong parts in every order and no people to talk with....nomore rockauto for me. it's a massive scam org.
    I'm not sure if I ever bought anything rock but it is handy for parts look up.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information