Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Replacement Change Gears for 12” Geared-head Lathe

Supporting Member
    Thanks

old kodger's Tools
    This thread raises an interesting possibility. Could we, as a community not organize a system between us to purchase locally and then forward said items on at sensible postage prices?
    I recently bought an armature for a Makita grinder out of the UK because this item is simply "not available, obsolete" in Australia. Freight was more than half the price of the product.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Supporting Member
    Thanks

old kodger's Tools
    An addendum to my previous post, I, as an individual, can post anything (other than illegal substances), anywhere I please without any government intervention. Whilst clearly I cannot comment on the prospect of similar situations in other countries, I would have expected the same.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,786 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by old kodger View Post
    This thread raises an interesting possibility. Could we, as a community not organize a system between us to purchase locally and then forward said items on at sensible postage prices?
    I recently bought an armature for a Makita grinder out of the UK because this item is simply "not available, obsolete" in Australia. Freight was more than half the price of the product.
    I used to try and send things to friends in Melbourne through the post. Somethings like books and tech manuals would mail with no problems other things like carburetors or distributors not so much fun at all. By the time every pinhead constabulary from US customs to the Au customs got their little piece of the mandatory declared pie in the form of taxes it would have been almost as cheap to try and set up a foundry at Marble bar and made the parts there and transported them across the desert for the antique trucks my friend was working on. But there are things that are the same way trying to import them into the states from Germany like adhesives PATTEX to be exact I find it to be superior to any construction adhesive that can be bought here and that may be the reason I cant get it in larger than 2 oz tubes or I have to buy the Chinese knockoff by the same name

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Jul 11, 2020)

Thread Information