Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: NASA Go Navigator lifts SpaceX Dragon 2 capsule from water - GIF

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

baja (Aug 5, 2020), high-side (Aug 9, 2020), jimfols (Aug 4, 2020), KustomsbyKent (Aug 4, 2020), MeJasonT (Aug 5, 2020), Rangi (Aug 6, 2020), Tooler2 (Aug 6, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I know everyone who had a boat within 200 miles wanted to see the dragon splash down. there were so many that the officials at one point were more worried for the safety of all the lookie-lous than the crew inside of the dragon vessel itself. but fortunately most respected the safe distance guidelines and the splashdown occoured without a major incident.
    There is no denying a major milestone in History was engraved for ever at that moment.

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

baja (Aug 5, 2020), MeJasonT (Aug 5, 2020)

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    Its all burnt and dirty - so its reusebale ? after being cooked at over 2000 degC ?

I like the layout inside, when you look at the shuttle in comparison - Shuttle looks like a second world war bommer inside and space X make theirs look like top end luxury coaches. Even the space station, hoses lying everywhere, waste piled up etc most of us think it should look like somthing from star trek. Its funny how things end up looking **** when the military is involved and its ll done on the cheap.

Elons car might be a flop but i think he has definately cornered the space market - Richard Branson has some catching up to do.
    I want to send Elon my CV and see if i can tap him up for a job, i could be the first unfit slob in space.
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    i watched the touch down live on the Nasa youtube chanel. shame there was more filming of the control centre than onboard and of graphics, i was really getting into it and wanted to know/see more.
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Much better images than NASA Tv. I watched most of the appolo missions (yes I am that old) and I don't recall waiting nearly an hour after splashdown before removing the Astronauts. Floatation was deployed and briefly after, the hatch would open and Astronauts were waving to the camera crews.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick79 View Post
    Much better images than NASA Tv. I watched most of the appolo missions (yes I am that old) and I don't recall waiting nearly an hour after splashdown before removing the Astronauts. Floatation was deployed and briefly after, the hatch would open and Astronauts were waving to the camera crews.
    Waiting an hour before the astronauts left the capsule? yeah it could have been like the famous Gus Grissom incident where a faulty explosive hatch bolt blew prematurely
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    there were some boats that got too close.... you cant fix stupid. that fuel is toxic. and it did have some that the sniffer detected.. this was a few miles from me.50 west then south in the h20 a while. I didnt go I watched on tv for a better view. I wouldn't be surprised if they do many more landings hear with pensacola naval air station right there and almost always very calm water like they had, unlike the atlantic& pacific witch are never calm. they were all surprised how calm is it...why I dont know, 1 pilot was from pcola and the other was from hear...but ...we all know nobody listens to pilots they just drive the dam thing. the calm water was probably why they did not use the puke bags....like normal.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information