Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chinese woman sawing out window openings - GIFs

Supporting Member Scotsman Hosie's Avatar
    Thanks

Scotsman Hosie's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Davies View Post
    Thanks, Hemmjo, glad to have that clarified. Hosie, I wonder how long that process took? If it’s one girl, she’s got 3 changes of clothing!
    As Hoosiersmoker indicated, it looks like 4 clips from different job sites. However, I disagree with hemmjo's view, that concrete blades are inherently safe. A perfectly smooth disk, can grab loose clothing — especially hair — and ruin your whole day. Concrete saws have just enough bite to most assuredly grab hair and fabrics — and wrap you up in and around it. I doubt you'd survive many mistakes.

On another note, that appears to be a particularly fine aggregate and hard concrete/sand mix. Coring companies I've had occasion to rub elbows with are able to knock out some pretty big openings, in concrete walls, withing a day. Bank vault coring is generally smaller in size, but much thicker — and very hard, reinforced, concrete. But can likewise take a day, on average. The biggest delay, is probably figuring out who gets to pay, for getting locked out of the vault.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 819 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman Hosie View Post
    snipped... However, I disagree with hemmjo's view, that concrete blades are inherently safe. A perfectly smooth disk, can grab loose clothing — especially hair — and ruin your whole day. Concrete saws have just enough bite to most assuredly grab hair and fabrics — and wrap you up in and around it. I doubt you'd survive many mistakes.
    I will not argue this point, I agree you can get pulled in with loose clothing and long hair.

I do believe that these photos are however staged.

2000 Tool Plans

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hemmjo For This Useful Post:

Scotsman Hosie (Dec 5, 2020)

Thread Information