Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: A GIRL makes full ELECTRICAL REWIRE of her workshop + tests CNC plasma.

Supporting Member lucia workshop's Avatar
    Thanks

lucia workshop's Tools

A GIRL makes full ELECTRICAL REWIRE of her workshop + tests CNC plasma.

All of my machines are finally on their places, so it's about time to redo the electrics. I have to say it wasn't easy, but it was interesting ;-) I'll be very grateful if you watch this video on Youtube

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by lucia workshop; May 26, 2022 at 12:04 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lucia workshop For This Useful Post:

baja (May 27, 2022), Frank S (May 26, 2022), jdurand (May 27, 2022), nova_robotics (May 26, 2022), Toolmaker51 (May 29, 2022), WmRMeyers (May 26, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,786 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Lucia you may not be an electrician but you apparently had received some good procedural advice from someone. It was obvious either you or professional created a planned layout prior to the rewire, and it was followed expertly. Every country has their own electrical codes and over the years these codes have a way of being changed or upgraded. The original wiring in your shop had long since outlived its sell by date, good job on your rewire.
    And yes your statement about electricity not being a joke is very true

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 617 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    What kind of conduit is that? I think there's a bit on one of my CNC machines from Germany, but other than that I've never seen it before.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,786 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_robotics View Post
    What kind of conduit is that? I think there's a bit on one of my CNC machines from Germany, but other than that I've never seen it before.
    More than likely it is flexible PVC conduit. Quite popular in Europe and many other parts of the world like Brazil Australia and the Middle East
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    I'm putting in a 380V sub-panel for the mill and band saw since they should have smaller breakers than the circuit has. I'm using rigid PVC and discovered a few things at the local electrical supply. The have the conduit but not the glue-on threaded box connections. I have to use 20mm glands.

Also, they have single conductor wire in black, white and green/yellow. But they have 5 conductor jacketed wire for sale by the meter.

Some time later we have to run a long section of 380V out to the greenhouse, when the electrician wired the building, he forgot to put that line in.

You know, I'm not really fond of these wires buried in the plaster. At least all the ceilings are dropped sheetrock, I've been able to move the ceiling light drops to where they're needed.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information