Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Woman electrocuted inside booth - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,699 Times in 9,869 Posts

Woman electrocuted inside booth - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

carloski (May 26, 2022), durrelltn (May 28, 2022), nova_robotics (May 26, 2022)

Thanks

desbromilow's Tools
    technically it's electric shock - 'electrocuted" means you die as a result
    but I feel her pain - been there too many times when I was young and indestructible

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    At the 40 second mark is she counting her teeth or her fillings?

Thanks

desbromilow's Tools
    probably find it's a combination of her jaw clamping down hard when hit, and her muscles aching after may have her worried about cracked teeth, etc, plus perhaps some "weird sensations" caused in fillings (like when you touch al foil to a filling)
    She did have something in her mouth at the point of contact (looked a bit long for a cigarette - maybe a pen?) - so perhaps worried she'd bitten bit off, or hurt her lip/ tongue when she bit down?

Thanks
    I can't count how many times have seen bad wiring jobs result in something like this. Even a simple testing tool at the time of wiring could have possibly prevented this. That is of course assuming the appliance does not have something wrong inside it. Which is entirely possible as well. Those electric heaters are notoriously famous for bad wiring and incorrect internal insulation/isolation.

Thanks

desbromilow's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mccwho View Post
    I can't count how many times have seen bad wiring jobs result in something like this. Even a simple testing tool at the time of wiring could have possibly prevented this. That is of course assuming the appliance does not have something wrong inside it. Which is entirely possible as well. Those electric heaters are notoriously famous for bad wiring and incorrect internal insulation/isolation.
    one of the times I was belted was when I was trying to fix a "repaired" appliance which wasn't working - I had it open to see what the issue was and was doing live testing to find the issue when it moved on the bench and my reflex to stop it falling meant my hand contacted it. - ouch

another time was doing plumbing and the house had a faulty pressure pump to run the water supply, and the earth connection was broken for the entire house - the householder turned the water on, and the water stream was "live" and I was under the house doing waste piping and copped a stream of electrified water. I saw stars, and the burn on my chest took some time to clear - and it was only a minor burn since it went "around me" rather than through me.

one thing I have noticed, when I was younger it didn't hurt as much (and quicker recovery) than when I was older. I haven't been hit now for over 25 years, and do everything in my power to avoid being hit again.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information