Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Tooth cavity and root canal treatment - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,699 Times in 9,869 Posts

Tooth cavity and root canal treatment - GIF

Tooth cavity and root canal treatment.

Previously:

Tooth vs hydraulic press - GIF
    Filling a tooth - GIF
    Mixing dental alginate - GIF
    Dental training mannequin - photo
    Dental camera and scanner - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Duke_of_URL (Jun 29, 2022), freddo4 (Jun 28, 2022), mwmkravchenko (Jun 30, 2022), rlm98253 (Jun 28, 2022), Scotsman Hosie (Jul 3, 2022)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Might be better to remove the tooth.

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member Skun Knuckles's Avatar
    Thanks

Skun Knuckles's Tools
    The average price for this procedure in Australia is $3000.00 + with no guarantee of long term success. It’s a shame we start to get our second set of teeth at 5 instead of 50.
    When I was young and poor I learnt a trade, and after many years of hard work I’m not young anymore.

Thanks
    After converting the last of my old Fillings to Crowns , my Dentist confessed that once the tooth's top enamel integrity gets compromised it's just a matter of time before the tooth cracks, requiring a Crown or a total Tooth replacement. The repetitive pressures exerted on our teeth ultimately causes stress cracks and failure.

Thanks
    Of all that I have had done, all but one needed to be retreated. The that didn't was done over 50 years ago, and took three trips to the dentist. No crown then.
    Most of the more recent ones are done in about 45-55 minutes. $1100-1300 (USD)
    The one I was the most annoyed about was, my appointment was for 11:30 and I got there about 11:10. The dentist (I use that term loosely) said to the nurse "we will be out of here before noon".
    Well about 15 minutes in I hear him say Oh ****, that is not something one wants to hear when being worked on by a DR.
    I found out that he had broken one of the burrs in the tooth.
    He finished and about 6 months later I started to get pain in that tooth.
    This time I went to a different dentist and when he x-rayed the tooth he found that the burr was still in the tooth and the root was drilled thru!
    The dentist said I would need an Apicoectomie not a enjoyable procedure.

Supporting Member mwmkravchenko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meyer77 View Post
    Of all that I have had done, all but one needed to be retreated. The that didn't was done over 50 years ago, and took three trips to the dentist. No crown then.
    Most of the more recent ones are done in about 45-55 minutes. $1100-1300 (USD)
    The one I was the most annoyed about was, my appointment was for 11:30 and I got there about 11:10. The dentist (I use that term loosely) said to the nurse "we will be out of here before noon".
    Well about 15 minutes in I hear him say Oh ****, that is not something one wants to hear when being worked on by a DR.
    I found out that he had broken one of the burrs in the tooth.
    He finished and about 6 months later I started to get pain in that tooth.
    This time I went to a different dentist and when he x-rayed the tooth he found that the burr was still in the tooth and the root was drilled thru!
    The dentist said I would need an Apicoectomie not a enjoyable procedure.
    Both my parents worked in a local hospital. Both made the comment that there are doctors that are good and bad. My Dad, a carpenter said the doctors there were like carpenters. Some can only pound hails. Some can design and build a house a few can do it all. But they are all Carpenters. Choose wisely and be involved in asking for details and explanations. If they can't explain something to you in terms you can understand they do not understand the procedure themselves.

Another friend who was a doctor also made the comment that all who passed were doctors. From the best to the worst.

I respect for the level of learning required. And I truly respect a person that can convey that learning into a good patient experience and a well thought through positive outcome.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mwmkravchenko For This Useful Post:

Inflight (Jul 2, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,391 Times in 2,118 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko View Post
    ... If they can't explain something to you in terms you can understand they do not understand the procedure themselves....
    Your remarks bring to mind this quote of Einstein...

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."

But do as he says, not as he does. This is how he described radio...

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this?
    And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mklotz For This Useful Post:

Inflight (Jul 2, 2022), mwmkravchenko (Jun 30, 2022)

Supporting Member mwmkravchenko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Marv that hilarious.

And so true about explanations. I work as a Engineering consultant for audio related things. Loudspeakers and their innards. It is amazing how many people work in this field and never get a grasp on how the stuff actually works. My pea brain doesn't grasp a concept until it is tucked away in the appropriate pigeon hole.

Thanks
    Do search on you tube for men's brains VS woman's brains, very funny!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information