Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Rock burying tractor attachment - GIF

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,618 Times in 11,284 Posts

Rock burying tractor attachment - GIF

Rock burying tractor attachment. Why? To increase drainage in soils for specific crops, like grapes.

Previously: rock picker attachment GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Jon; Sep 9, 2020 at 11:28 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

dubbby (May 20, 2020), Moby Duck (Aug 25, 2017), Paul Jones (Aug 27, 2017), Scotty1 (Aug 11, 2022), Seedtick (Aug 25, 2017)

Thanks
    Hi Jon, I grew up on a vineyard in upstate N.Y. We had lots of rocks, maybe about a third of what is seen here with a bunch of shale thrown in for good measure. on 120 acres. We moved them around a lot, I could have sold them all the drainage aids they could use. We always had a good crop o' rock!

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I like that little machine the only problem with it is rocks float to the surface
    While working at the Caterpillar rebuild shop we re worked a 613 self loading scraper to be a rock remover. by stretching the bowl and removing part of the floor of the bowl turning the ejector around to push to the rear and put the door in the rear of the bowl, adding long teeth to the cutting edge constructing a funnel shaped chute for the soil and rocks to be lifted in and a rotating qualifier-drum. The soil and up to quarter sized rocks fell back to the ground anything larger was deposited in the rear of the bowl when full the door raised and the ejector pushed the rocks out. Then sent it to Argentina I don't know how well it worked out but I always thought the concept was beautiful
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    I saw the 613 when they built our new runway. That must have been quite a rock picker!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    At the company we had this salesman who would come up with these Ideas then ask me to figure out if it could be made I usually gathered 3 or 4 more contract welders and together we would slice and dice until a new thing was born. sometimes I would have to do the first one by myself like what I did with the Homemade D10 Bulldozer Blade Conversion - HomemadeTools.net because the company wouldn't let him invest a lot of man power in his schemes He eventually bought out the company and built it from a 20 million per year in sales to well over 200 million before its collapse in 2009
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

JD62 (Aug 28, 2017), Paul Jones (Aug 27, 2017)

Thanks
    Ahh, I could set and listen to the stories of things like this for days! I don't know where this country is headed when the most of the newer generations idea of labor is to mow the lawn once a week. If only they could understand the treasure that so many that are still here but getting fewer and further apart, maybe a few would show some imagination and use some of what would be gladly given. As for me all I can do is hear the stories and remember when.

Thanks
    Well, that attachment is not burying those rocks it is actually turning them into soil. They work better on limestone and non-igneous rocks, granite turns into gravel.
    The local rural municipality uses one to take pit run gravel and turn it into good road base. They lay the pit run, kick out anything larger than two loaves of bread and run it down with about a 200 hp tractor on about a six foot with macerator.
    https://www.seppi.com/images/trincia...DIPIERRE02.jpg
    Last edited by Ztill; Sep 19, 2017 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Link found

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,618 Times in 11,284 Posts
    Good call Ztill. I think it may be a bit of both pulverizing and burying.

I wonder if this is the exact machine pictured here: https://www.eam-euroagrimat.com/fonc...ment-rotostone

Thanks
    I see it doing a job....a good job, but I’d like to know the mechanics behind it.....how does it work?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 820 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    I would like to HEAR that thing running if it is grinding all of those rocks into sand/soil !!!!!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information