Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: AXBB-E Ethernet CNC Controller #2 Setting Up AC Servo Axis

Thanks

GBWM's Tools

AXBB-E Ethernet CNC Controller #2 Setting Up AC Servo Axis

Hi! This is the second part of my tutorials in the topic of AXBB-E Ethernet CNC Motion Controller from CNCDrive. This time I made a video about how to wire up and setup the basic configurations of a cheap chinese AC Servo and the AXBB-E controller with UCCNC software. I think it might be handy for people getting into this type of work

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GBWM For This Useful Post:

billdem3d (Dec 3, 2022), nova_robotics (Nov 29, 2022)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 617 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    An AC servo drive? That would be a great upgrade over steppers. It used to be that if you wanted to do any CNC conversions steppers were you only option. Just looking at the info in your Youtube video, this controller can handle up to 6 servos? That's awesome. Do you know if this controller works with LinuxCNC?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

GBWM's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_robotics View Post
    An AC servo drive? That would be a great upgrade over steppers. It used to be that if you wanted to do any CNC conversions steppers were you only option. Just looking at the info in your Youtube video, this controller can handle up to 6 servos? That's awesome. Do you know if this controller works with LinuxCNC?
    I'm already during testing these drives in my machine with use of this controller. These work pretty smooth and really quiet comparing to stepper motors. The accelerations seem to be pretty good too considering I have dovetail guides on my machine. Yes, this controller can handle up to 6 servos - if you want to use all of these axis then you probably need an port3 extension board (UCSB) to use the additional fast outputs. Sadly this conroller won't work with linuxCNC. It works with UCCNC, MACH3 and MACH4. At this point - I really recommend it with UCCNC. It's probably not as advanced as LinuxCNC but it seems to be more useful and fresh compared to the popular MACH3 (I didn't have any experience with MACH4 though).

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information