Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Storage Cubbords

Thanks

trevor_60_r's Tools

Storage Cubbords

Storage Cupboards

I recently setup some storage cupboards in my shed to try and organize it. What I used are some glass door drink fridges that got from one of our scrap yards, these would have been used in cafes and small shops. The advantage is I can see what is in each cupboard. The shelves are already adjustable so you can make them any height you wish.

This one is a double door for Abrasives, grinding and sanding etc.

Storage Cubbords-abrasives-cupboard_1_s.jpg Storage Cubbords-abrasives-cupboard_4_s.jpg Storage Cubbords-abrasives-cupboard_3_s.jpg Storage Cubbords-abrasives-cupboard_2_s.jpg Storage Cubbords-abrasives-cupboard_5_s.jpg Storage Cubbords-abrasives-cupboard_6_s.jpg

Storage Cubbords-abrasives-cupboard_7_s.jpg Storage Cubbords-abrasives-cupboard_8_s.jpg

This is a single door for a Consumables Cupboard.

Storage Cubbords-consumables-cupboard_1_s.jpg Storage Cubbords-consumables-cupboard_2_s.jpg Storage Cubbords-consumables-cupboard_3_s.jpg Storage Cubbords-consumables-cupboard_4_s.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trevor_60_r For This Useful Post:

chainsawd (Dec 1, 2022), johncg (Dec 4, 2022), lassab999 (Dec 5, 2022), Moby Duck (Dec 1, 2022), mr mikey (Dec 1, 2022)

Thanks
    Man, that makes me sweat and breathe hard, and want to write bad checks.

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kb4mdz For This Useful Post:

WmRMeyers (Dec 1, 2022)

Thanks

mr mikey's Tools
    Works for me. Back in the early 80's I worked at a ford dealership. The shop techs always talked about a mechanic that used a top loader washing machine for a toolbox. He refused to spend big bucks with snap on. He was a good mechanic. Good stuff.

Thanks
    Another nice thing about fridges and freezers are they are insulated, so you can keep your chemicals in them with a light bulb burning if your shop is not heated to prevent them from freezing. I have one for that, just not with a fancy glass front.

Thanks

trevor_60_r's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by kb4mdz View Post
    Man, that makes me sweat and breathe hard, and want to write bad checks.
    Hi kb4mdz.

Yes, there will be a lot of hard work grinding to use up that lot. Some of the 4inch flap discs I buy 100 at a time because I go through so many of them.

Cheers Trevor.
    Last edited by trevor_60_r; Dec 1, 2022 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks

trevor_60_r's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by odd one View Post
    Another nice thing about fridges and freezers are they are insulated, so you can keep your chemicals in them with a light bulb burning if your shop is not heated to prevent them from freezing. I have one for that, just not with a fancy glass front.
    Hi odd one.

The only thing wrong with the fancy glass front is you can't have them to close to where you are welding and grinding because the sparks destroy the glass.

These I got some time ago from the scrapyard before they crushed them. They tend to destroy to much stuff that can be recycled into things like this.

I have 3 more of them stored but haven't got the room to set them up yet until i clean out some stuff.

Cheers Trevor.
    Last edited by trevor_60_r; Dec 1, 2022 at 09:14 PM.

Thanks

trevor_60_r's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mr mikey View Post
    Works for me. Back in the early 80's I worked at a ford dealership. The shop techs always talked about a mechanic that used a top loader washing machine for a toolbox. He refused to spend big bucks with snap on. He was a good mechanic. Good stuff.
    Hi Mikey,

I see things in shops and around different places and the old brain starts working thinking what that could be used for when it is no longer required.

Cheers Trevor.
    Last edited by trevor_60_r; Dec 1, 2022 at 08:57 PM.

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks trevor_60_r! We've added your Storage Cabinets to our Storage and Organization category,
    as well as to your builder page: trevor_60_r's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Thanks

baja's Tools
    I use a defunct refrigerator and newly defunct upright freezer for storing items that I don`t want getting dusty or moist (welding rod, welding hood, manuals, etc. My shop is by no means weathertight. I did have mixed feelings when the freezer died; it was a freebie several years ago when the company remodeled. It was there when I went to work for them in 2004, lol.

Thanks

NeiljohnUK's Tools
    The old fridge/freezer in my garage has been doing similar service for years, though I'd hesitate with modern propane refrigerant types unless I knew it had been fully inert purged/stripped of coils and compressor.

Thread Information