Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deadliest structural failures - infographic

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

carloski (Dec 5, 2022), EnginePaul (Dec 5, 2022), mwmkravchenko (Dec 5, 2022), nova_robotics (Dec 5, 2022)

Supporting Member schuylergrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    I found it interesting the United States seems to have had many more than anywhere else. I would have guessed south or east Asia, given the high population density and frequent seismic and large weather events.

2000 Tool Plans

For topical application, only. Not to be taken internally or used in com-
    bination with other drugs or alcohol, except as directed by your shaman.
    Do not operate heavy equipment, unless you actually know how to.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by schuylergrace View Post
    I found it interesting the United States seems to have had many more than anywhere else. I would have guessed south or east Asia, given the high population density and frequent seismic and large weather events.
    At least a couple of the dam failures can be attributed to poor communications between Geological and Civil engineers Failures from natural disasters are predictably unpredictable. Some bridge and structure failures possibly could be the results of alleged under the table dealings the Terrorist destructions are just that caused by a terrorist or terrorists. I imagine there will be countless scores more structure failures happen in this century largely because of an aging infrastructure hopefully thses will be demolished before they become killing zones
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    If commercial airplanes collisions with WTC towers caused their collapse. Then, what caused the ground floor columns to appear as if it had been flame-cut at 45 degrees inclination towards the building center? Apparently, the presumed hijackers planned to have the two towers to fall within its footprint without controlled demolition!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mansworld View Post
    If commercial airplanes collisions with WTC towers caused their collapse. Then, what caused the ground floor columns to appear as if it had been flame-cut at 45 degrees inclination towards the building center? Apparently, the presumed hijackers planned to have the two towers to fall within its footprint without controlled demolition!!
    He's baaaaack.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bob_3000 For This Useful Post:

mklotz (Dec 6, 2022)

Thanks
    That's not a defense or even explain the obvious. When Senator Robert Kennedy tried to find out who killed his brother President John Kennedy, they killed him too. The number of people killed following the 9/11 attacks to smother the TRUTH are staggering and exceeded the number of those killed in the attacks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_3000 View Post
    He's baaaaack.
    That's not a defense or even explain the obvious. When Senator Robert Kennedy tried to find out who killed his brother President John Kennedy, they killed him too. The number of people killed following the 9/11 attacks to smother the TRUTH are staggering and exceeded the number of those killed in the attacks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mansworld View Post

Didn't you hear? The Kennedy's are alive and well and living on Castaway Cay in the Caribbean.

Thanks
    Other than bomb shelters and the pyramids, name me one above-ground structure built for public use that is/was designed to withstand an attack by kinetic means...
    Last edited by imohtep56; Dec 10, 2022 at 11:59 AM.

Supporting Member schuylergrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imohtep56 View Post
    Other than bomb shelters and the pyramids, name me one above-ground structure built for public use that is/was designed to withstand an attack by kinetic means...
    There are a number of "hardened" structures in the U.S., many that folks drive by every day and don't realize what they are. For example the buildings that house primary switchgear for the communications networks, many of the Federal Reserve Bank buildings, and high security data centers are all built to withstand various sorts of possible attacks, manmade or otherwise.

For topical application, only. Not to be taken internally or used in com-
    bination with other drugs or alcohol, except as directed by your shaman.
    Do not operate heavy equipment, unless you actually know how to.

Thread Information