Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Can Ceramic Hobs melt Aluminium? Amazing idea

Supporting Member HandmadeCreativeChannel's Avatar
    Thanks

HandmadeCreativeChannel's Tools

Lightbulb Can Ceramic Hobs melt Aluminium? Amazing idea

Hello friends. Today i will show you Do Not Throw Away the Old Ceramic Hob \ DIY Amazing Project For Workshop.
    In the video I will use an old ceramic stove. I will also use an empty old Freon bottle. I'm going to use a 900 degree heat controller and an old metal box. What came out is something great. Aluminum melting furnace. Aluminum is widely used in my workshop. I decided to make a furnace for melting aluminum. Aluminum melts at a temperature of about 750 degrees.
    Let me give you a quick calculation.
    2.9 kw is for the two hobs, the small one is 1.2 kw. 1,2kw is 1200 watt.
    1200w x 2 hours. (in 2 hours melts aluminum) this is 2400 watts of energy consumed. 2400watts =2.4kw. This 2,4kw cost me $2!!
    What is expensive and unprofitable? I make lathe blanks that I will use. A ready-made blank in this size costs 30-40 dollars... I have a lot of aluminum scrap. I hope you don't think it's expensive anymore, because it's not!

I have a lot of aluminum scrap and decided to make a lathe billet. I hope you enjoy the video!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HandmadeCreativeChannel For This Useful Post:

durrelltn (Feb 6, 2023), Inner (Feb 6, 2023), lassab999 (Feb 7, 2023), Little Rabbit (Feb 6, 2023), Tule (Feb 7, 2023)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks HandmadeCreativeChannel! We've added your Furnace to our Forging and Casting category,
    as well as to your builder page: HandmadeCreativeChannel's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HandmadeCreativeChannel View Post

Hello friends. Today i will show you Do Not Throw Away the Old Ceramic Hob \ DIY Amazing Project For Workshop.
    In the video I will use an old ceramic stove. I will also use an empty old Freon bottle. I'm going to use a 900 degree heat controller and an old metal box. What came out is something great. Aluminum melting furnace. Aluminum is widely used in my workshop. I decided to make a furnace for melting aluminum. Aluminum melts at a temperature of about 750 degrees.
    Let me give you a quick calculation.
    2.9 kw is for the two hobs, the small one is 1.2 kw. 1,2kw is 1200 watt.
    1200w x 2 hours. (in 2 hours melts aluminum) this is 2400 watts of energy consumed. 2400watts =2.4kw. This 2,4kw cost me $2!!
    What is expensive and unprofitable? I make lathe blanks that I will use. A ready-made blank in this size costs 30-40 dollars... I have a lot of aluminum scrap. I hope you don't think it's expensive anymore, because it's not!

I have a lot of aluminium scrap and decided to make a lathe billet. I hope you enjoy the video!
    Your video failed to show any useful aluminium billet being produced from this furnace. The small quantity of aluminium poured into a tin can looked as though it needed more heat before pouring. Also it didn't say how long it took in total time to melt this pot of aluminium.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information