Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1960 Chevrolet Corvair dash baby cradle - photo

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickieDickie View Post
    Common sense would dictate people living in the congested cities with higher occurrences of accidents would bare the high premiums not people living in rural areas. I took the liberty of a sky view of Peacock, Frank, there isn't much there or near it. I am betting the higher rates involve people without drivers licenses and/or insurance multiplying the issue which the rest of us then have to pick up the tab. I can imagine you gave the insurance agent a sound verbal thrashing.
    There was 1 count them 1 reportable accident in this county involving 2 or more vehicles in 2022 and 3 single vehicles involved. 1 serious injury some with suspected injuries. 0 deaths. and 1 accident reported 0 vehicles involved Not sure I understand that one.
    https://myaccident.org/texas-acciden...ice-department

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by schuylergrace View Post
    According to NHTSA, the fatality rate on rural roads is twice the rate in urban areas for a number of reasons (although there are slightly fewer total rural fatalities in number). And since fatalities tend to be much more expensive for the insurers, I'm sure that's why a rural driver would be charged more.
    In general the occurrences rural fatalities usually involve someone who lives in a city or urban area driving in a rural area unaware of the hazards such as slow-moving farm equipment, wildlife that do not know the drivers are not from the area. or persons driving on unfamiliar roads. Another problem particularly a little further west is we have a lot of dark eyed people who have low night vision so they run with as many as 6 or 8 of those super bright lights on top of their pickups with their high beams at the same time, they drive right down the center of the roads and think everyone else should move out of their way. Those are the ones that DXDOT needs to just aim for their lights and shoot them out if their aim happened to be a little low then a couple foreign nationals, or smart a** es might not make it home. no great loss to society. MY friend has been sitting just west of Kermit TX on a blocked highway for the past 3 hours due to one of those 6 lights running a truck off the road about a mile in front of him. I just had a look at his driving hours and location a few seconds ago. if the accident in front of him in the next half hour he will have run out of hours with only 20 miles to his destination and will have to run on personal conveyance for the remaining 20 miles, it just means we have more stupid paperwork to fill out because they won't do anything about those 6 lights vehicles.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    In general the occurrences rural fatalities usually involve someone who lives in a city or urban area driving in a rural area unaware of the hazards such as slow-moving farm equipment, wildlife that do not know the drivers are not from the area. or persons driving on unfamiliar roads. Another problem particularly a little further west is we have a lot of dark eyed people who have low night vision so they run with as many as 6 or 8 of those super bright lights on top of their pickups with their high beams at the same time, they drive right down the center of the roads and think everyone else should move out of their way. Those are the ones that DXDOT needs to just aim for their lights and shoot them out if their aim happened to be a little low then a couple foreign nationals, or smart a** es might not make it home. no great loss to society. MY friend has been sitting just west of Kermit TX on a blocked highway for the past 3 hours due to one of those 6 lights running a truck off the road about a mile in front of him. I just had a look at his driving hours and location a few seconds ago. if the accident in front of him in the next half hour he will have run out of hours with only 20 miles to his destination and will have to run on personal conveyance for the remaining 20 miles, it just means we have more stupid paperwork to fill out because they won't do anything about those 6 lights vehicles.
    Bob arrived at the drill rig around 4:30 with his load of explosives, IE down hole completion materials for perforating the well casing. 20 miles driving on explanatory paperwork, because he was forced to be stuck on the wrong side of a 5-vehicle crash caused by a 23-year-old Honduran who probably didn't even have a driver's license. No wonder why my ins prems. went up?

Supporting Member Hill Top Machine Works's Avatar
    Thanks

Hill Top Machine Works's Tools
    I moved from a large city to a rural area and my insurance premiums dropped in half. I am no longer paying for the idiots that can't drive.
    YouTube channel Hill Top Machine Works.
    My shop and website: Hilltopmachineworks.com.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Hill Top Machine Works View Post
    I moved from a large city to a rural area and my insurance premiums dropped in half. I am no longer paying for the idiots that can't drive.
    While it is true enough mine is a lot lower than someone in say Houston or Dallas or even smaller city like Abilene but I can't see the justification for a nearly 35% increase.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information