Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: slide hammer

Thanks

Jimmygee's Tools

slide hammer

hey guys,

I made this yesterday as I've wanted one for ages and finally used some of the 'stuff' I have collected..( I have a reputation for never throwing anything out)

I used a length of plain round rod, a slug of steel ( I can't remember where I got that from), a few nuts, a piece of flat bar and a handle from an angle grinder.

The flat bar yoke on the end has an 8.5mm hole to allow me to attach things, for example, my small vice grips allow me to screw the adjusting knob out and fit it through the hole and reattach them. I guess I could attach all kinds of things.

I've hung it up in my shed, I may not need it for years, I may need it next weekend. As I told the wife, "better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails slide hammer-slide-hammer-2-.jpg   slide hammer-slide-hammer-3-.jpg   slide hammer-slide-hammer-1-.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmygee For This Useful Post:

Jon (Aug 30, 2015), kbalch (Aug 31, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanks Jimmygee! I've added your Slide Hammer to our Hammers category, as well as to your builder page: Jimmygee's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information