Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Table Saw and Jointer Dolly

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 655 Posts

Paul Jones's Tools

Table Saw and Jointer Dolly

I have a Rockwell-Delta 9” table saw and 4” jointer I bought new in 1968. The first project I made with the saw was a dolly with lockable rubber wheels that allow moving the saw around in the garage. The 24”x34” dolly was made from 2x4 douglas fir lumber and assembled with lap joints fastened together with hex head bolts. The table saw was fastened to two rails made from 1x4 lumber and sits on the dolly. The rails allow shimming the table saw to eliminate any rocking movement. The weight of the saw and jointer prevents rails from slipping off the dolly. The center 2x4 cross piece joining the dolly sides adds strength and provides support for a saw dust box under the saw. This saw has seen thousands of hours of safe operation sitting on the dolly and any accidental movement of the dolly while sawing has never been an issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table Saw and Jointer Dolly-table-jointer-dolly.jpg   Table Saw and Jointer Dolly-table-saw-dolly.jpg   Table Saw and Jointer Dolly-table-saw-shim-uneven-floors.jpg   Table Saw and Jointer Dolly-locking-rotating-wheels-table-saw-dolly.jpg   Table Saw and Jointer Dolly-table-saw-dolly-holds-sawdust-bin.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Jones For This Useful Post:

kbalch (Jun 22, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanks Paul! I've added your Table Saw Dolly to our Dollies and Stands category, as well as to your builder page: Paul Jones' Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information