Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Three-vehicle collision at intersection - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,257 Times in 9,724 Posts

Three-vehicle collision at intersection - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

carloski (Sep 24, 2022), durrelltn (Sep 24, 2022), EnginePaul (Sep 23, 2022), Inner (Sep 19, 2022), nova_robotics (Sep 23, 2022), Rangi (Sep 19, 2022), rlm98253 (Sep 19, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 820 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    They could not have done that any better if they had planned it.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Speed bumps/ speed breakers are cheap practical solutions.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,378 Times in 2,116 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mansworld View Post
    Speed bumps/ speed breakers are cheap practical solutions.
    Typical snowflake solution. Make life miserable for the safe drivers rather than apprehending the idiots.

Recently, the old farts who live on a neighboring suburban street had speed bumps installed. Both the local ambulance groups and the firefighters have notified the residents that they can no longer guarantee prompt response to emergencies because of the bumps.

The city has now made it illegal to install bumps on public thoroughfares. The local mall saw a jump in shoppers when they removed the parking lot bumps during a renovation.
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I've said it many times, driver education and attention to their driving is the only real solution to preventing most accidents.
    when speed bumps are encountered by speeding vehicles can and have caused total loss of control, rumble strips can serve to slow most drivers but often times since many are not paying attention to their driving in the first place, they can cause them to panic and hit their brakes hard enough to overpower the antilock braking systems if their vehicles ae so equipped. I'm not a purveyor of high tech electronics in vehicles but many newer vehicles already have the tech built in them for colision avoidance braking adding transmitters before the intersections which could trigger automatic braking might actually be a worthy investment to the infrastructure the same thing could be applied as speed controlling technology even GPS could be used to control speed, however distasteful that is to me.
    But nothing in the world will ever replace driver education in my opinion
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mklotz View Post
    Typical snowflake solution. Make life miserable for the safe drivers rather than apprehending the idiots.

Recently, the old farts who live on a neighboring suburban street had speed bumps installed. Both the local ambulance groups and the firefighters have notified the residents that they can no longer guarantee prompt response to emergencies because of the bumps.

The city has now made it illegal to install bumps on public thoroughfares. The local mall saw a jump in shoppers when they removed the parking lot bumps during a renovation.
    Had that intersection had speed bumps, the collision of the three cars would never have happened. There are people in this world who have no regards for laws, regulations, traffic lights, road signs, pedestrians crossing, etc. Such people must be contained by adopting measures like "speed bumps". The safety of road users is paramount to the annoyance of speed bumps felt by some people. The traffic green light is not a guarantee to cross an intersection, the safety wise driver slows down and looks both ways (quick glance) to make sure no one is going to violate the red light.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information