Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 Times in 2,278 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by metric_taper View Post
    What is the plastic pipe you used for the buried conduit? Looks like 3". I assume you have the wires installed already, unless you have some Greenlee power puller, and a helper to feed the wires.
    Looks like your doing all the details toward the next big task of building walls.
    Its the gray 2" sch 80 electrical conduit plus 2" sch 80 propylene fast line tubing under the floor so no connecting couplings except at the preformed long radius elbows to the riser tubes expensive stuff to buy but for some reason a 100 ft length of it had been left on the property, probably from a previous oilfield test drilling operation. on a neighboring property. yeah I truly am blessed like that.
    Pulling the 3ga wire through the line wasn't all that bad I ran my Greenly fish tape through one direction then pulled a 1/2" braided rope back through attached the 3 conductor wires then pulled tension on the rope walked to the other side fed the wire as far as they would go then tighten up the rope again, it went pretty well would have been easier to have had someone pulling the rope or a capstan tugger but its done now and I have power in my machine-shop van once again.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 Times in 2,278 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frank S's Tools
    This morning I couldn't decide if I was going to build a headache rack for a pickup or get up on the roof of the shop. the shop won out for a while at least.
    Anytime one uses reclaimed materials such as sheet metal for the roof there are bound to be a few screw holes which will allow the roof to leak.
    One good way to fill these holes is to use a heavy duty aluminum tape the kind that is used on metal duct work this tape is durable and will last a long time It will last almost forever once I eventually apply paint to the roof
    I used up a roll and a half of the 160 ft long rolls and have one side completed the other side is over 2/3rds complete
    Took the first step towards building my shop-wp_20200329_11_35_38_prorf.jpg
    After doing this this morning I built a headache rack for one of my pickups

Post your reply!
    Join 42,532 of us and get 500+ tool plans, tool eBooks, build guides, and much more.

eBooks for Supporters
    Last edited by Frank S; 03-29-2020 at 09:36 PM.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/

Thread Information