Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool for troubleshooting hidden problems

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,616 Times in 11,283 Posts
    Still too early to tell what's going on, but some initial video footage and news is trickling out of a failed drone assassination of Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro from yesterday. This is being reported as the first drone assassination attempt on a head of state.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Saw this last night on the news. Maybe there are 2 good reasons for drones now. The other is the ones they are using as spotters for fight the fires here.

Drones in Firefighting: How, Where and When They're Used - The Drive

and of course there is a downside to everything...
    https://www.firehouse.com/tech-comm/...d-firefighters

PJ

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by PJs; Aug 5, 2018 at 10:44 AM.
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Aug 5, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    This actually becomes a grey area when encountering a UAS over your own rural property. In TX and OK. Laws have been passed that no UAS may be flown over any animal feeding area excepting the land owner flying over his own animals to include in some cases wildlife and game animals.
    Federal aviation air space does not extend all the way to the ground. the elevation above ground surface varies by region and in some cases topology. Again though a plane could not be shot out of the sky simply because it was flying within a a few feet of the ground. Other statutes would have to come into play such as the Castle doctrine which has as many gray areas as there are shadows cast in the Sistine Chapel at noon
    Mebbe... I got's camo, low temperament of surveys in gen'l, tackdrivers and loads of handloads. and this neighborhood gets a little noisy...but the "...as many gray areas as there are shadows cast in the Sistine Chapel at noon" has me ROFL.
    How/ what on earth sparked that creative visual? Help please, I'm on the verge of full arrest!

re;Assassination attempt, wildfires, or just dumb perverts; inventors create faster than legislators. Which isn't good initially, and then their efforts are misdirected because a grand lack of misinterpreting potential harm. Things catch on WAY before someone thinks about killing the text apps in a car, or regulating potential of drones...Inventors probably don't need to hire lobbyists, they get questioned and can respond "...it's just a toy!"
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; Aug 5, 2018 at 02:12 PM. Reason: not tired, cramped from typing or hungry yet.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    ""How/ what on earth sparked that creative visual? Help please, I'm on the verge of full arrest!""
    I have visited it, there is some of the art works which is almost impossible to see at certain times of the day due to the casting of shadows
    No doubt you've heard of Rome wasn't built in a day, but you can see it in a day with our tours. Forget that the Vatican city alone can take 2 or 3 full days to see all there is to see especially during peak seasons.
    Last edited by Frank S; Aug 5, 2018 at 03:28 PM.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Aug 5, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Rome, Zurich, Berlin, Liege, London... I wish. Not on the "Do Not Fly List" my poor budget says "Can't". I've been delayed 7 months for a simple 12 hour round trip to Illinois for my Gorton 375 Tool Grinder, gave up on my forklift lowboy trailer in Utah 8 years ago. The ACME TriPlex from last fall only got here by accident...Some things I do not do well.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Slight side step: I used to live at Sunrise Beach, Noosa Qld & had contracts to mow parkland & footpaths/nature strips. I always wore the highest protection ear muffs as mid mount mowers force the sound up at the operator on tractors: I was mowing the nature strip above the beach (about 20m ASL) when I saw a flash in front of my eyes. Then within a split second I was almost deafened (poor buggers on the beach & at road level). The flash & noise was from a couple of (our Outdated) F1 11's. they certainly broke the sound barrier & I almost filled my pants. Tre cafe owner nearby complained of broken glasses: maybe customers dropped them but I felt the RUSH of air, Over the years it happened a couple of more times & I doubt if anyone would have taken any heed if the airforce was reported: probably just a manovuere in national interest. Noosa has been listed as one of the "top ten" in world destination beaches but not "top gun" beaches. LOL

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Still too early to tell what's going on, but some initial video footage and news is trickling out of a failed drone assassination of Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro from yesterday. This is being reported as the first drone assassination attempt on a head of state.

The possibility of events like that is 1 of the reasons that the Ranchers and farmers around here and surrounding counties who also have hunting leases on their properties are starting to warn the hunters who buy the leases not to bring drones because on 1 hand they don't want people using them to spot the game, also it is against the law to heard game animals such as deer by the use of dogs or ATV's. Dogs may be used to flush birds only. The oil field companies often use them to check their pumping stations service pipelines and storage facilities but when they are being deployed around the area of over your property, the residents always receive a letter in advance of their intentions.

Jon
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Split sidewalk for mobile phone and non mobile phone users.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

EnginePaul (Sep 16, 2018), KustomsbyKent (Sep 16, 2018), PJs (Sep 10, 2018), Seedtick (Sep 15, 2018)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Distracted walking much?

Jon
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Not sure how to feel about this one. On the one hand, how useful! On the other hand, it's scary to think that this is where urban planning is headed.

Thread Information