Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool for troubleshooting hidden problems

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Ranald are you suggesting they include an inattentive bike riding lane? I pretty much thought all bike lanes were always occupied by inattentive riders already even without a cell phone.
    When I was growing up they wanted us to ride against the traffic in rule areas but with the traffic in town. Many of us country kids decided it was safest to ride right down the center then move to which ever side we needed to avoid Farmer John's tractor because he was running down the center as well with the disk covering both lanes sometimes half the bar ditch as well.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

Moby Duck's Tools
    Wouldn’t this just make it worse from the phone users point of view?
    If you are on the phone allowed side, where nobody is looking where they are going, you would have an almost 100% chance of having a collision. Compare that to where there are equal numbers of pedestrians with and without phones, on the same path, half of them actually dodging you, and you will have a less than 50% chance of a collision.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    LOL. Know where you are coming from. I ran into a mini (morris) once when leaving a shopping footpath between two parked trucks (kerb was cut for pedestrians). Did quite a bit of damage to the paint work & the driver was not concerned for anything but my safety. My bike was fine & I never rode on shopping footpaths again: only suburban ones for safety & speed.

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    In 1970, I was trying to walk up a busy city street footpath (like the one in Croc Dundee in NYC) and was jumping on & off the street to avoid and pass the slow folk. I notived a poor invalid chap( arms swinging about & crippled, deformed looking gait) hobbling & making really good headway up the footpath centre with everybody avoiding him to either side. I managed to get in behind him and all was great. When we arrived at the next set of lights(cross roads) he stopped and looked around back down the footpath. I was gobsmacked at what happened next. He stood up straight and proceeded down the side street where there were few pedestrians with no sign of spasticity or other ailment.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ranald For This Useful Post:

PJs (Sep 16, 2018)

Thanks

Beserkleyboy's Tools
    Ha Ha! I think this must be a 'piss take'...I just got back from 3 weeks in China, and MAN are they phone heads! And interestingly, they text using Arabic letters to allow the phone to call up Chinese characters, as there are something like 2000 in common use! Their texting is nightmarishly fast! All younger folk lead with their phone in public and restaurants and cafes are relatively quiet! Here in AUS, we are having pedestrian accidents involving mobile phones, but nothing like what we saw in China. Let's not hope this is the future...Cheers
    Jim

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beserkleyboy For This Useful Post:

PJs (Sep 16, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Ran across this article this morning after all (like 10-12 of them) the emergency Alert texting we got the other day which is fine but noticed in the settings that we can not turn off the Presidental text alerts. Fema is one thing, CDC another but... A little reluctant to post this here but...Borowitz does have a sense of humor...

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...Q4MTMyNTc3NQS2

I might want to receive that one for sure.
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

Beserkleyboy (Oct 5, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Moby Duck View Post
    Wouldn’t this just make it worse from the phone users point of view?
    If you are on the phone allowed side, where nobody is looking where they are going, you would have an almost 100% chance of having a collision. Compare that to where there are equal numbers of pedestrians with and without phones, on the same path, half of them actually dodging you, and you will have a less than 50% chance of a collision.
    Well, their preoccupation with games and idle chatter, eliminates a casual social life. Maybe they'll run into a new acquaintance. Then text back and forth same idle chatter to a new audience.
    No thanks, I prefer produce section at local farmers market...Or one passing my work station all the time, no matter where it was located. Boy, was that a clue.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    A very old saying here in the backwater (thank heaven : when fishing I preferred "Deep Tempest", the surf or a backwater over the main stream) was "It could only happen in the US of A). But here a few years ago we COULD have been governed by Abbott & Costello. Now with all the church disgraces we still have Bishop & Abbott in parliament.
    I was reading PJs post on the newyorker when my laptop died the very moment I read to "fineto". Conspiracy theory or coincidence. Ha Ha: maybe I should call Asio, FBI, or James Bond at no. 10. For our pollies, It 's a good thing Trump & Putin are in the limewash er limelight. : we have a shambles and it costs the tax-payers a bundle.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ranald For This Useful Post:

PJs (Sep 17, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by ranald View Post
    A very old saying here in the backwater (thank heaven : when fishing I preferred "Deep Tempest", the surf or a backwater over the main stream) was "It could only happen in the US of A). But here a few years ago we COULD have been governed by Abbott & Costello. Now with all the church disgraces we still have Bishop & Abbott in parliament.
    I was reading PJs post on the newyorker when my laptop died the very moment I read to "fineto". Conspiracy theory or coincidence. Ha Ha: maybe I should call Asio, FBI, or James Bond at no. 10. For our pollies, It 's a good thing Trump & Putin are in the limewash er limelight. : we have a shambles and it costs the tax-payers a bundle.
    I was thinking it was a circus maximus here with it's very own team of assclowns.

Sorry about the eerie crash. Might try Ghostery for your browser, it keeps most of the riff-raff out...just wish they had it for Twitt(s)er and Fleecebook. When Mueller is all done I think folks will be shock and awed (or blurry eyed & brain dead-er) by the cost of the high priced "legal" team, going through 100k plus docs with forensic shrinks, all the footwork, travel, security, let a lone prison costs per and the media circus digging and adding to the mix...makes one consider why the cost of a bullet is so cheap comparatively.
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by PJs View Post
    I was thinking it was a circus maximus here with it's very own team of assclowns...I think folks will be shock and awed (or blurry eyed & brain dead-er) by the cost of the high priced "legal" team, going through 100k plus docs with forensic shrinks, all the footwork, travel, security, let a lone prison costs per and the media circus digging and adding to the mix...makes one consider why the cost of a bullet is so cheap comparatively.
    Well, cost of fixed ammunition is quite inexpensive when compared to other means. It's a target rich environment; but then who'd entertain us? The real cost goes to who the deliveryman is...
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

PJs (Sep 17, 2018)

Thread Information