Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toolpost Morse Taper Shank Tool Holders

Supporting Member LMMasterMariner's Avatar
    Thanks

LMMasterMariner's Tools

Toolpost Morse Taper Shank Tool Holders

Here are some tools which I recently bought and for which I didn't know they are even existing.
    Discovered them by pure luck when searching at www.taobao.com for something else related
    to lathe accessories. Of course I am cheap and I am buying tools in China, but some of these tools
    are decent quality tools. I still can't find these holders anywhere on the web except at taobao.

Have no idea are they FBZT or FZBT morse shank tool holders, but have already tested them and can't complain.
    FBZT3030-MT3 for larger morse taper shank twist drills and also for my MT3 drill chuck
    FZBT2525-MT2 for smaller drills
    FBZJ-ER20-20 for small straight shank drills and end mills
    All these tools will be used in my 4-way tool post for deeper holes drilling as my tailstock quill
    travel is only 65 mm.

This tools are very simple to build, but for the price of 10.52 + 12.03 + 1 USD shipping
    I decided to buy them. Also don't have time for that as I already started with my next project -
    external spindle gearbox for my lathe. (original idea was to make 16 speeds "beltbox").

Hope that many machinists will find this post helpful.

Best regards
    LMMasterMariner

Attachments:

1. Holders on the table in my cabin (observe FZBT and FBZT - same manufacturer, unbelievable)

2. Some of the tools received couple of days ago (some more received but not shown here)

3. FZBT2525-MT2 in 4-way toolpost (observe some free of charge materials in the background. plenty
    more at other location.)

4. FZBT2525-MT2 on top of tailstock
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Toolpost Morse Taper Shank Tool Holders-1.jpg   Toolpost Morse Taper Shank Tool Holders-2.jpg   Toolpost Morse Taper Shank Tool Holders-4.jpg   Toolpost Morse Taper Shank Tool Holders-5.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LMMasterMariner For This Useful Post:

C-Bag (Aug 28, 2017), darkoford (Aug 29, 2017), Rayonger (Aug 27, 2017), Seedtick (Aug 27, 2017)

Thanks
    Good day. It takes me to https://world.taobao.com/ but everything is in Chinese. How do I switch to English?

Thanks

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    Very interesting. Quite a haul of stuff on the table too! I also looked on the taobao link and not speaking Chinese would make it impossible to navigate. I would not be able to mount those adapters in my tool post, but it makes me wish they made index holders like that for R8 collets.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks

LMMasterMariner's Tools
    Hello lowracer,

Unfortunately there is no way to switch to English at taobao. I also don't speak Chinese and I am using google translate. Sometimes I get it, sometimes not, but usually after searching for some other stuff related to desired item I find it there. Google translate is not ideal. There is Taobao agent called Yoycart and it is an English version of Taobao. (taobao agent)
    Attached is original excel spreadsheet which I sent to my supplier. By copying web address in excel file and pasting in web browser it is very easy for him to find what I want. 3 - 4 different vendors, so he can find it with one of them.
    And here is the link to Yoycart page where they are selling the very same item.
    https://www.yoycart.com/Product/537046334460/

Best regards
    LMMasterMariner
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

LMMasterMariner's Tools
    Hello C-Bag,

I also wouldn't be able to use these holders in my original tool post, but I can do it now after couple of tool posts upgrades.
    No. 1 - Original tool post
    No. 2 - First upgrade
    No. 3 - Second (last upgrade)

Didn't see R8 tool holder for tool post there.

Best regards
    LMMasterMariner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Toolpost Morse Taper Shank Tool Holders-tool-post-no.-1-original.jpg   Toolpost Morse Taper Shank Tool Holders-tool-post-no.-2-first-upgrade.jpg   Toolpost Morse Taper Shank Tool Holders-tool-post-no.-3-second-upgrade.jpg  

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,619 Times in 11,284 Posts
    What is the fee for using an agent to buy on Taobao?

Thanks

LMMasterMariner's Tools
    Hello Jon,

Any Chinese or others with residence in China who have Taobao account can order it. I was lucky during my previous 2 contracts as the vessels were calling Xiamen where I have good friend - ship's agent and he was ordering it for me and delivering on board. Unfortunately this time I am not going to Xiamen. Tried with other agents in other ports but as soon as I sent some orders they were not able to deliver it with excuse that Chinese customs will make problems to them. So, this time I found one of ship chandlers who ordered that for me and delivered. I offered to pay him 33% of the value for his time, paying in advance and delivering it on board. And this time I had 52 orders. About USD 750 for the stuff and about 250 to him for his services. Would pay much more at home. Already have about 20 kilos of various steel products and will have some more after completion of works in engine room workshop. Those people at Yoycart call themselves taobao agent.

Best regards
    LMMasterMariner

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools

QC R8 Toolholder

Quote Originally Posted by C-Bag View Post
    Very interesting. Quite a haul of stuff on the table too! I also looked on the taobao link and not speaking Chinese would make it impossible to navigate. I would not be able to mount those adapters in my tool post, but it makes me wish they made index holders like that for R8 collets. Thanks for posting.
    You could reproduce the R8 contour in flat bar stock if your lathe has 4 jaw and compound for the 16' 51'' included angle.
    Best would probably be off-centered to allow milling a 'spline' that fits your toolholder.
    Bore through for a good fit on collet body, counterbore to receive washer.
    Make a drawbolt and thick washer with corresponding boss slip fit in toolholder. A square-head bolt offers better life span.
    I'd make 3. 1 w/ center drill. 1 w/ small drill chuck. 1 w/ R8 bore.
    Bingo.
    Unless you have a lantern toolpost.
    Toolpost Morse Taper Shank Tool Holders-r8_collet.jpg
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; Aug 29, 2017 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Part List - Bill Of Matl's
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Aug 29, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Excelant drawing TM51 I have added it to my to do list not that it was getting any shorter LOL
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Excelant drawing TM51 I have added it to my to do list not that it was getting any shorter LOL
    Thanks to Frank S and C-Bag, who responded offline. Until I purchase a decent PC, I've no access to a CAD program. I use MS Paint. It's easy to use, just takes a procedure, as it doesn't 'know' dimensions or scale per se. It does relay an equivalent to X Y coordinates that helps size or represent 'mating parts'. It also copy/ pastes nicely. For example the R8 print is direct from the web, just googled dimensions of R8 collet. I knew the included angle, used that to assure a more correct drawing was found. 100% or 1:1 is possible too (even larger to a limited degree), all depending on part and monitor size.
    For anyone interested, I'd prepare a drawing sequence with limited notes. I fully believe picture is worth a thousand words adage. The volume of text increases when your talking pixels, lol.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thread Information