Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Tractor runs over and crushes car - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,267 Times in 9,726 Posts

Tractor runs over and crushes car - GIF

Tractor runs over and crushes car in Mildenhall, England. Both drivers escaped without serious injuries.

Previously:

Haul truck crushes maintenance truck - GIF
    Tree crushes backhoe - GIF
    Crane boom crushes car - GIF
    Felled tree crushes truck - GIF
    Man nearly crushed by mixer truck - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Oct 29, 2022), Rangi (Oct 27, 2022), that_other_guy (Dec 12, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Not sure what is going on here, it appears as though the tractor is out of the drivers' control since it had already veered into oncoming traffic once already Perhaps it is a combination of speed and the weight of the loaded trailer, or it could be mechanical and speed. We had an older large Case tractor that had hydraulic steering only such as most larger tractors have. a slow speed it was a dream to drive very responsive easy to steer but sometimes at speed it had a mind of its own. Almost as if the pump were cavitating at high RPMs forcing air into the steering system the front tires would turn on their own and not always in the direction you would turn the wheel. Reduce the engine RPMs and it could be brought back under control after a while. I think my dad changed the pump filter and that corrected it but it was a long time ago.

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Gadgeteer's Tools
    Hard to believe that the driver of the car escaped with his life.

Thanks

Bony's Tools
    Or simply fatigue, a microsleep and you're onto incoming traffic. Just like watching a late night movie and nodding of for 5 seconds.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Bony View Post
    Or simply fatigue, a microsleep and you're onto incoming traffic. Just like watching a late night movie and nodding of for 5 seconds.
    Very possibly, no one gets much if any sleep during harvest time if that was what it was.

Supporting Member schuylergrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't know...it looks to me like he swerved directly at both cars and managed to hit the second one. He's good in his lane until another car approaches, when he veers over. Then, he's quick to hop out of the cab of the tractor before he realizes he can't run anywhere.

For topical application, only. Not to be taken internally or used in com-
    bination with other drugs or alcohol, except as directed by your shaman.
    Do not operate heavy equipment, unless you actually know how to.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by schuylergrace View Post
    I don't know...it looks to me like he swerved directly at both cars and managed to hit the second one. He's good in his lane until another car approaches, when he veers over. Then, he's quick to hop out of the cab of the tractor before he realizes he can't run anywhere.
    If it was like I mentioned possibly being mechanical, then I would think he might have at least tried to reduce speed.
    if it was fatigue like Bony mentioned, a fatigued person can become somewhat hypnotized to objects approaching them the tired mind can play tricks on you, you might think you are seeing an object moving away from you, but it is actually coming closer, or your vision may become so tunneled that it doesn't even register as being there. When he veered towards the first car, he may have briefly regained full awareness and corrected but immediately fell back asleep.
    This is just another speculation but for all we know he may have been trying to light a cigarette when he veered at the first car and dropped his lighter when he corrected then reached down to try and find it when he headed straight for the second car.
    As far as him starting to flee the scene that would be anyone's guess, perhaps he was thinking the tractor, or the car might catch fire then thought of the occupant in the car, who can say.

Supporting Member schuylergrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Apparently, it was the youths, again. They never stay out of trouble! At least according to the Googles, trouble found the tractor driving youth. Here's a link to the short article:

https://7news.com.au/news/world/mild...side-c-8404299

For topical application, only. Not to be taken internally or used in com-
    bination with other drugs or alcohol, except as directed by your shaman.
    Do not operate heavy equipment, unless you actually know how to.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to schuylergrace For This Useful Post:

that_other_guy (Dec 12, 2022)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by schuylergrace View Post
    Apparently, it was the youths, again. They never stay out of trouble! At least according to the Googles, trouble found the tractor driving youth. Here's a link to the short article:

https://7news.com.au/news/world/mild...side-c-8404299
    The youths! Of course, it was. In farming communities, it is often "THE YOUTHS" who are relegated to the menial jobs, such as transporting the harvest from the fields to storage which in some cases will involve having to drive on the motorways. Actually, it surprises me he was even that old if that were the case.
    As us kids got tall enough to reach pedals and see over the steering wheel it was our jobs to do the driving back and forth between field and barn except in our case the field was often not even on the same farm as the barn. Once my dad was in California working my grandpa was in the hospital an uncle in southern Colorado needed a load of plywood grandpa had and we needed a load of seed potatoes he had so at 14 years of age I took it upon myself to steal our B model Mack and make the trip. I made it all the to and from without a problem until about 20 miles from home when the county sheriff pulled me over for a busted taillight the next day he took me to the county judge, after explaining why I was driving the truck, by the order of the judge I was the proud owner of a chauffer's license under Texas hardships law, the equivalent of today's CDL.
    Drugs? oh sure, the first thought would naturally be drugs, while it could very well be the possibility of any of the afore mentioned causes, but it could have been drugs just as easily.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Frank S; Oct 27, 2022 at 07:17 AM.

Thread Information