Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tractor thief tased by police - video

Supporting Member
    Thanks

skibo's Tools
    The real problem now day's, is there is no family teaching of things like always listen to a policeman! When He say's to halt or stop do not try to run away, it always usually turns not to your liking!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to skibo For This Useful Post:

MeJasonT (Oct 6, 2019)

Thanks
    https://www.staradvertiser.com/2016/...cidents-finds/

I will try to find the report similar to this that I first heard on the radio

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    https://www.npr.org/2019/06/27/72992...-than-believed

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/06/73042...they-once-were

I found these report to be interesting
    One of them is the one I heard.....

Thanks
    They always asked in training class for a volunteer to be shocked. NOT ME!! I've been shocked many times over the years working on electricity and electronics.. I KNOW what it feels like.... I'm sure not gonna let them shock me and take a chance on wetting my britches!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VinnieL For This Useful Post:

MeJasonT (Oct 7, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnieL View Post
    They always asked in training class for a volunteer to be shocked. NOT ME!! I've been shocked many times over the years working on electricity and electronics.. I KNOW what it feels like.... I'm sure not gonna let them shock me and take a chance on wetting my britches!!
    VinnieL what is always entertaining is when those here hold my beer type guys step up with their chests all puffed out saying give me your best shot then watch them drop to the ground and whimper like 2 year old children who just dropped their Oreo cookie in the water.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member Scotsman Hosie's Avatar
    Thanks

Scotsman Hosie's Tools
    As VinnieL pointed out — that was one helluva shot. Especially for a tazer — at that distance — and on a dead run? Cop was probably as surprised at the shot, as he was by the way it dropped the perp (possibly aided by sweat). A gold medal performance we're not likely to see again, anytime soon.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    How is it the electricity gets through the thick clothing? Does the flow stop when you release the trigger? How many volts are we talking about? Some of my electric fencers will put out 15k.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooler2 View Post
    How is it the electricity gets through the thick clothing? Does the flow stop when you release the trigger? How many volts are we talking about? Some of my electric fencers will put out 15k.
    Tasers that are fired like guns can have an initial voltage of around 50k which drops to around 1200v volts once contact with the skin,the barbed ends penetrate the clothing and contact with the skin is made which bleeds off the charge rapidly.
    Stun guns don't have wired projectiles their contacts are a fixed distance apart, and have upwards of a few million volts from 1 to 10 million,some manufactures boast 80 or more million volts but I suspect those claims to be a stretch since that would be in the Vander graph or Tesla coil region but who am I to dispute any thing without data to go on. Just like on the news a couple years ago the commentator was talking about the assault an officer allegedly used to stop multiple perps. I'd really like to see a Taser with a high capacity magazine capable of automatic fire, almost as much as I'd like to see the gun capable of discharging 300 bean bag projectiles per minute reportedly used to control a riot a few years ago.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Surely if the probes can pierce outdoor jacket and shirt from a distance to reach the skin they would penetrate flesh deeply at close range and say just a T shirt?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information