Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Underwater pressure demonstration using water bottle - GIF

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Elizabeth Greene's Tools
    Is there a trick for finding pools or diving centers with freediving holes like this? If I want to freedive it's a 2-hour drive to a rock quarry or 30 minutes to a zero-viz lake.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Greene View Post
    Is there a trick for finding pools or diving centers with freediving holes like this? If I want to freedive it's a 2-hour drive to a rock quarry or 30 minutes to a zero-viz lake.
    We used to have a place at Possum Kingdom Lake called Scuba point it was at one of the parks. Seems to me like the depth of the water there was in the neighborhood of 135 feet ish. There was a high diving area for those who were into that, and an area restricted to scuba and the free dive lines anchored to the bottom As far as visibility a lot of that depended on the time of the year and the time of the day. two-hour drive from where I lived at the time and don't even bother going on the weekends. The best way if you wanted to practice or to maintain your proficiency was to be a member of one of the Padi scuba and dive clubs since they would book the whole place for the day. once or twice a month

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    We had one place in Central, Ohio. Sub Aquatics, it had a pool and a 40' deep pit. It has closed now and an HVAC contractor has been in the building for 15 years or so. Central Ohio is not a hot bed of diving. I have no idea if the pool and pit were filled in. There are a couple of other dive centers around now, but my diving days are over. I do miss it.

We do have several abandoned stone quarries around the state. A couple are open for recreational activities. When I was starting to dive, young and a bit foolish, my friends and I hopped the fence into one for some diving fun. The one depth gauge we had showed 90-100 feet was as far as we went.

Depending on where you are, just have to check around. Where do you do your free diving?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information