Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: underwater truck driving in New Zealand

Thanks

Baddog's Tools
    And speaking of "arm on door", that's a rather foolish rookie mistake that belies the apparent experience of the driver. That's what "oh sh*t" handles are for. You never put anything outside the cage, and if there is any chance of a violent role, all occupants MUST be holding onto either the OSH or their 5 point harness straps. Anything less risks angular momentum throwing your arm out to get crushed. There was an outing where a Toy conversion driven by an experienced wheeler who had brought his girlfriend along. He didn't warn/watch her, or she didn't listen. It wasn't pretty, and involved a life-flight. I never heard, but if she still has that hand, I doubt it's functional...

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    The video of the truck on the side of a cliff is an rc truck and I am 100% sure of it, I have rc trucks like this myself and have spent countless hours scouring rc groups on Facebook and the web so they stick out to me now in videos and pics where they are trying to make it look real. This guy did do a good job tho but I assure you it's an rc truck.

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by Chadboye; Sep 30, 2019 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks
    Also you can see the body post holes on the hood on each side of the hood scoop ( looks like they aren't being used tho), and the top of the body posts sticking thru on the roof right behind the "cargo bag" on the roof rack.

Thanks

Baddog's Tools
    Fair enough, sure good enough to fool me. I've seen RC trucks of that sort, and never saw one that moved as seemingly realistic as that one.

Thanks
    They're getting extremely realistically scale nowadays. To people who aren't familiar with certain parts and stuff like that it's very hard to tell when the right care is taken with the camera angles.

Thanks

Ralphxyz's Tools
    You'd still think there would be some scratches and dirt and things from rollovers.

Thanks
    Ya my guess would be that that's a brand new build that hasn't gotten much use yet cus your right, it definitely is pretty and shiny lol

Supporting Member thehomeengineer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 Times in 407 Posts

thehomeengineer's Tools
    The roads in England are getting worse. We have to drive on roads like this daily. Looks like a B road to me. Ring the council and they will patch it up (in six months) good as new.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information