Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Washing Machine Motor Powerful Router

Supporting Member HandmadeCreativeChannel's Avatar
    Thanks

HandmadeCreativeChannel's Tools

Exclamation Washing Machine Motor Powerful Router

Hello friends, in today's video I will show you how to reuse a old electric motor from a washing machine. DO NOT THROW THE OLD WASHING MACHINE MOTOR IN THE TRASH / DIY Powerful Router. I will show you How to make a router from an old brush universal electric motor from a washing machine. For this purpose I use old wooden countertops of good quality, screws and a drill chuck. In the video you will learn how to connect the chuck to the electric motor and how to achieve a perfect balance. I will make a wooden handle with which you can easily lift the mechanism and I will put 2 two-way screws with a tightening handle. The mechanism is uniquely easy and I hope you like the video.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HandmadeCreativeChannel For This Useful Post:

Jon (Apr 2, 2021), kboy0076 (Mar 26, 2021), marksbug (Mar 26, 2021), nova_robotics (Mar 25, 2021), rgsparber (Apr 12, 2021)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 615 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    European washing machines are weird. I think the only things I own with universal motors are a vacuum cleaner, a blender and some hand tools.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Happy that it works, but surprised a washer motor has sufficient RPM to spin router bit, normally in excess of 18,000. This including certainty of runout from spindle-chuck-bit combination, proportionally a long way from the motor bearing.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks
    При всём уважении к твоему творческому подходу, делать ручной фрезер из дерева и стиральной машинки крайне не эффективно. Тем более точить конус Морзе шлифовальной машинкой. Крайне разочарован.

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks HandmadeCreativeChannel! We've added your Router to our Routing category,
    as well as to your builder page: HandmadeCreativeChannel's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Thanks
    my brother was a sears repair tech for 19 years. started with washing machines ,finished as the #1 AC refridration tech in the south east usa. about 35 years ago he built many tools from washer machines parts . the most used was the bead roller witch did many racecars& street cars "tinwork" my old street/drag car's interior was aluminum beed rolled from the dash to the rear bumper.I got pretty good at it. that dash was aswsome, not just a incert as most were doing but the entire dash made from 1 sheet, beaded and bent not a single rivet or seam, it was a work of art....and after a few races.and lots of can you make me one comments. a race car chassie company came out with a dam near exzact coppy of my dash...- some of the fancy handy work logo I had bead rolled into it also. I miss that car, wish I never had sold it for next to nothing.last I heard it sold for around $36000.00 and was still on the streets. thats possiably the highest ever paid for a plymouth 340 duster that was no where neer "OE". I made lots of money with that car, but the memories are priceless.Washing Machine Motor Powerful Router-20180929_114831.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information