Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Woodshop Dust Collection System

Supporting Member Bellevue Woodshop's Avatar
    Thanks

Bellevue Woodshop's Tools

Woodshop Dust Collection System

I built this dust collection system in my wood shop a while ago. I had always wanted a centralized system with separate lines running to all the machines.

I would have been better off using 6" pipes for the main stem but as mentioned in the video, I could not, due to the low headroom.
    The fan is a beast, and I have later made a new Thien top hat separator that works fantastic.

I have posted some mages on my instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj2Yz_tgkvf/

The best part of the system is the automated dust collector start on the blast gates. This prevents ANY gates from being left open, and will always result in maximum airflow on the blast gate used.

The longest line has an airspeed of 33 meters/sec or approx 110 feet/sec, even with 4 sharp 90 degree bends

This is the video I made showing the different blast gate types I used, floorsweep and how I configured the system.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Want more homemade tools inspiration? Visit my website: www.bellevuewoodshop.com

Facebook: Bellevue Snekkeri
    Instagram:bellevuewoodshop

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bellevue Woodshop For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Mar 5, 2019), Paul Jones (Mar 4, 2019)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks Bellevue Woodshop! We've added your Dust Collection System to our Dust Collectors category,
    as well as to your builder page: Bellevue Woodshop's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information