Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Workshops in Heaven

Supporting Member Philip Davies's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 343 Posts

Philip Davies's Tools

Workshops in Heaven

I dream of a workshop in Heaven, where there are no void spaces where things that fall off benches become invisible.

Since tools and workshops are objects of my idolatry, I wonder whether this disqualifies me from salvation?

An associate of ours, who was a Christian, recently died of Covid. I thought that he was a bad ‘un, but he was a more faithful Christian than me.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Philip Davies For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (May 15, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,391 Times in 2,118 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Davies View Post
    I dream of a workshop in Heaven, where there are no void spaces where things that fall off benches become invisible...
    Reminds me of my favorite engineering/law joke...

An engineer died and reported to the pearly gates. A newly annointed angel, filling in for St. Peter, checked his dossier and grimly said, "Ah, you're an engineer; you're in the wrong place."

So the engineer was cast down to the gates of hell and was let in. Pretty soon, the engineer became gravely dissatisfied with the level of comfort in hell, and began designing and building improvements. After a while, the underworld had air conditioning, flush toilets, and escalators, and the engineer was becoming a pretty popular guy among the demons.

One day, God called Satan up on the telephone and asked with a sneer, "So, how's it going down there in hell?"

Satan laughed and replied, "Hey, things are going great. We've got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next."

God's face clouded over and he exploded, "What? You've got an engineer? That's a mistake; he should never have gotten down there; send him up here."

Satan shook his head, "No way. I like having an engineer on the staff, and I'm keeping him."

God was as mad as he had ever been, "This is not the way things are supposed to work and you know it. Send him back up here or I'll sue."

Satan laughed uproariously, "Yeah, right. And just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?"

2000 Tool Plans
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mklotz For This Useful Post:

Jon (May 10, 2020), thehomeengineer (May 10, 2020), Toolmaker51 (May 15, 2020)

Thread Information