Homemade Drill Press Conversion
master53yoda on homemadetools.net
Homemade drill press conversion to a mill-drill accomplished by replacing the lower spindle bearing, utilizing an ER-series collet system with Morse taper, and substituting a rigid X-Y table for the original. Treadmill motors serve as both the primary and Z-axis drives.
Mar 23, 2014 7:45 AM
I'll be back later to read this through several times...this may be my answer.
Feb 27, 2014 3:23 PM
A top notch conversion. What was once a lowly drill press becomes an honest-to-goodness mill.
Rate this build:
LEVEL OF DETAIL (1-5):
Newest Forum Posts
- 160. Lighter fix for darker problems (shorts tip) by Make Things on 2023-06-09 02:37:44
- Bandsaw Vise Fixture by Improvised DIY on 2023-06-09 00:59:41
- Towed truck rolls downhill after cable snaps - GIF by Gadgeteer on 2023-06-08 23:54:38
- Adjustable TIR lathe chuck - video by Jon on 2023-06-08 23:34:25
- Horizontal Bandsaw Quick Clamp by frugalolegeezer on 2023-06-08 22:40:21
- Lathe Chip Guard / Eye Protection by Frank S on 2023-06-08 21:54:44
- Scraping dried seaweed - GIF by Altair on 2023-06-08 21:51:02
- Manufacturing light bulbs - GIF by Frank S on 2023-06-08 21:46:30
- Making a truck hydraulic pump - GIF by Tooler2 on 2023-06-08 21:38:21
- WWII DD Sherman amphibious tank - GIF by Frank S on 2023-06-08 21:30:17
DIY Drill Press Conversion - comment on how to build a Drill Press Conversion - 2 comments
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook free!
- BuildThreads Network: