Homemade furnace for aluminum casting. Constructed from a 25-liter paint drum and a stainless steel bowl lid. Furnace lined with 50mm thick refractory material. Refractory cement made by mixing 1 part Portland cement, 1 part clay, and 7 parts of perlite. 280 mm diameter by 290 mm high. Weighs 15 kilograms. Handles 1 liter of molten aluminum.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Make a Assembly Jig or Woodworking Jig for That Part 2 by sams wood creations on 2021-08-01 22:12:06
- Dobbertin Surface Orbiter amphibious vehicle - GIF by Altair on 2021-08-01 21:51:01
- Colt Model 1862 police revolver - photos by Altair on 2021-08-01 20:27:01
- Vintage work crew photos by 12bolts on 2021-08-01 19:54:28
- Self-unloading railcar dumping bridge - GIF by Altair on 2021-08-01 19:13:02
- Women of TikTok - GIFs by Frank S on 2021-08-01 17:36:59
- Making Ade's Tap Wrench by J.Pierce on 2021-08-01 17:32:33
- Full auto underwater gun - GIF by Frank S on 2021-08-01 17:30:49
- Drum sander handle - video by Resident114 on 2021-08-01 16:39:32
- Cruise ship evacuation system - GIF by Altair on 2021-08-01 15:42:01
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!