Homemade furnace for aluminum casting. Constructed from a 25-liter paint drum and a stainless steel bowl lid. Furnace lined with 50mm thick refractory material. Refractory cement made by mixing 1 part Portland cement, 1 part clay, and 7 parts of perlite. 280 mm diameter by 290 mm high. Weighs 15 kilograms. Handles 1 liter of molten aluminum.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Flanger by mwmkravchenko on 2020-01-19 17:16:09
- SpaceX Falcon boosters landing - GIF by Altair on 2020-01-19 17:04:01
- M61 Vulcan cannon feed system - GIF by Altair on 2020-01-19 15:42:01
- South Korean rhythmic gymnast throws out first ball at baseball game - video by old kodger on 2020-01-19 14:54:04
- High winds blow semi truck off road - GIF by greyhoundollie on 2020-01-19 12:35:25
- Tablesaw with dustdrawer by DIYer on 2020-01-19 12:30:00
- Homemade Air Compressor by DIYer on 2020-01-19 12:24:52
- Lathe Toolpost Grinder Attachment by bouboulas on 2020-01-19 12:21:37
- IMPELLER. Homemade High Power Dust Collector Impeller by DIYer on 2020-01-19 12:21:08
- Wooden Compass (Pair of Compasses) Making - DIY - 4K by DIYer on 2020-01-19 12:16:49
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!