Homemade Hold Downs
TGTool on bbs.homeshopmachinist.net
Hold downs for thin materials. Both pieces have angled backs that grip the edges of the stock as the vise is closed.
Dec 14, 2016 4:37 PM
Very nice detail, very similar to the one I used to use on the shaper vice.
Dec 27, 2013 4:19 PM
The picture doesn't do this tool justice. In profile, it's wedge-shaped and has a relief on the other side. Pretty clever.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Casting and machining brake rotors - GIF by Frank S on 2023-06-05 14:19:24
- Make portable Car air compressor to work with Parkside 12V LiIon batteries by ercaneverything on 2023-06-05 13:02:46
- Hose fitting crimper - GIF by Altair on 2023-06-05 12:56:01
- Instagram models - GIFs by InstagramBot on 2023-06-05 12:01:02
- Manual pipe cutter - video by nova_robotics on 2023-06-05 11:36:28
- Multi Manual Belt Sander by Jon on 2023-06-05 11:21:33
- MAKING BENCH VISE SOFT JAWS LINER!! by BuffaloJohn on 2023-06-05 11:11:24
- CNC slitting saw - GIF by Altair on 2023-06-05 10:27:01
- Gravel Separating Rake by Hans Pearson on 2023-06-05 09:13:15
- Massive flying debris crashes through gas station roof - GIF by Frank S on 2023-06-05 09:08:56
DIY Hold Downs - comment on how to build a Hold Downs - 2 comments
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook free!
- BuildThreads Network: