Homemade Hot Wire Cutter
Homemade hot wire cutter for polystyrene foam. Consists of a 300 mm square table, a column with two arms, and a 36 SWG nichrome wire. Runs on 240v mains with a 12 volt transformer connected to the hot wire. Column arms are insulated by a plastic collar. Accessories include fence, circle cutting jig, and sliding square made from MDF.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Big powerfile / angle grinder hack by Gergemall on 2020-07-10 22:03:52
- Power Hacksaw by Gergemall on 2020-07-10 21:58:07
- Moving a drill press table the easy way. by Gergemall on 2020-07-10 21:53:59
- Bullet passing through ballistics gel - GIF by Altair on 2020-07-10 21:51:01
- Weed Grubber - made using an old strimmer and car alternator armature by Gergemall on 2020-07-10 21:48:13
- Homemade hydraulic vise by andrewwoody on 2020-07-10 20:38:11
- Stair steady - GIF by Frank S on 2020-07-10 20:34:05
- Painting the NASA logo - GIF by Altair on 2020-07-10 20:27:01
- Woman demonstrates proper sit-up technique - GIF by mdhatter3 on 2020-07-10 20:14:45
- Off-road wheelchair - GIF by Frank S on 2020-07-10 20:08:29
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!