ironnut on bbs.homeshopmachinist.net
Homemade lathe constructed from both recycled and shop-made parts. The rotating headstock is from an imported 5C collet spin fixture, the cross compound and the machine slide are from an unknown lathe, and the DC motor and controller were salvaged from a surplus bearing tester. The 1/4 hp DC motor runs at 2000-3000 RPM.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- https://youtu.be/ThXZKazMJAA by Kovanca Polock on 2020-01-19 09:28:05
- 4.5 megabytes of data represented by punch cards - photo by baja on 2020-01-19 09:18:22
- Excavator tree slicing blade - GIF by Frank S on 2020-01-19 09:17:02
- Map planimeter - photo by mklotz on 2020-01-19 09:02:25
- Monkey mechanic - GIF by Nick79 on 2020-01-19 08:59:53
- Stingray skeleton - photo by Nick79 on 2020-01-19 08:57:07
- South Korean rhythmic gymnast throws out first ball at baseball game - video by Nick79 on 2020-01-19 08:54:13
- SNCASE SE. 100 fighter - photo by mklotz on 2020-01-19 08:46:29
- Antonov An-225 Mriya - photo by mwmkravchenko on 2020-01-19 06:50:13
- Tablesaw with dustdrawer by janochek on 2020-01-19 06:42:31
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!